Discuss LV downlight on wood in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

prgil74

just looked at a job today with t&g ceiling all over, the proprety is a bunglow and the lady would like downlights in the kitchen would this be a problem on the wood ceilings, seen them used on boxed in sections made of wood and seem to have no effect .......... any info would be great

I think you'd need to use fittings designed for being mounted on normally flammable surfaces. This will be indicated by an F in an triangle with a line over the triangle which has slanted edges. look at page 150 of the regs.

thanks john just had at look at fittings and the regs it does state good for wood using the correct bulb and has the F in the triangle same with ballasts ..................cheers

just looked at a job today with t&g ceiling all over, the proprety is a bunglow and the lady would like downlights in the kitchen would this be a problem on the wood ceilings, seen them used on boxed in sections made of wood and seem to have no effect .......... any info would be great

Just make sure any downlights are fire rated and also have the " F in a triangle" symbol which basically means they are suitable to be mounted on flammable surfaces

Hmmm, i'd be more concerned about the owner replacing the lamp with anything they pick up in the supermarket, rather than the correct type.

LE fittings is the way to go IMO.

Hmmm, i'd be more concerned about the owner replacing the lamp with anything they pick up in the supermarket, rather than the correct type.

LE fittings is the way to go IMO.

I always explain to customers to make sure any lamps purchased for fire rated fittings are cool fit aluminium reflectors and not cool beam but do they listen??? Been back to a few with melted couplings/cables because of this!

Reply to LV downlight on wood in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net