Search the forum,

Discuss Maximum Demand in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PeterPan27

Can someone help me work out a max demand

got a
40amp shower
32 amp cooker
16 amp radial
16 amp radial
32 amp ring
6 amp lighting
6 amp lighting

whats the calculation to work out max demand please

Can someone help me work out a max demand

got a
40amp shower
32 amp cooker
16 amp radial
16 amp radial
32 amp ring
6 amp lighting
6 amp lighting

whats the calculation to work out max demand please
yes...i want a large cake....all to myself....

chocolate_cake.jpg

thanks for the demand mate.

could you give me the calculation so i can try work some other things out.. al my books are in collge and were off for 2 weeks,jst trying to work some stuff out,
thanks again

76.8A. As to how, it's in the books you're supposed to read.

i was told you take the highest ( in this case the shower 40 amp)
then add all the rest up
then x then by 0.4
then add to 2 figures together??

so this case would be 83.2Amp

Using my own method of calculating maximum demand, i got closer to 60A!! And if that installation ever got to see anywhere near 2/3rds of that 60A for more than a few minutes it'll be doing well!! lol!!

Ye i understand that it wont be anywhere ner that,, just wanted to know the calcution, as the calculation i was using to get 83.2A was from a very knowledgable forum member

Using my own method of calculating maximum demand, i got closer to 60A!! And if that installation ever got to see anywhere near 2/3rds of that 60A for more than a few minutes it'll be doing well!! lol!!

To give you an idea of MD. I ran my flat on a 16A MCB for a week as a trial. If I didn't use the kettle so much I'd get away with a 6A.

If this is for a C&G collage course work, then you'll have to use those methods stated in BS7671. Crazy i know, but if you don't you'll probably fail!! lol!!

Diversity and maximum demand can be considered almost the same thing, as you use diversity factors in order to reach your calculated maximum demand!!

Reply to Maximum Demand in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net