Discuss Mobile / landline phone numbers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
A question for the self employed sparks,

do any of you use a service such as vodafones red business where you can include a virtual landline number for customers to dial, which goes straight to your mobile? The price seems reasonable.

I'm toying with the idea as I'm always out of the 'home office' and my landline answerphone messages lead me to believe I miss plenty of calls.

I'm about to get the new van sign written so nows the time to think about this incase I need to change my number(s)!

I've also been considering an 0845 number but I don't think I would benefit. Has anyone else bothered? There are a few of us and an apprentice and have been very busy for nearly 12 months solid now (been going since 2009), however, I wouldn't like to miss any future opportunities because someone was put through to the answerphone and didn't fancy leaving a message (personally I rarely leave a voicemail message)!

We have started a similar thing with Orange and it is all going well to be honest. We display the landline which then diverts to mine and my business partners phones at the same time until one of us picks up.
we do also display are mobile numbers on advertising but as secondary numbers, we feel the landline as the main number is more appealing to a customer, makes them feel a bit more secure in calling us as a business with a established office etc. Just my opinion here though, others may differ!

Monkeyhanger, have a look at TTNC (The Telephone Numbers Company).

I've got a couple of virtual numbers through them diverted to my mobile. Never had any problem with them and was dead easy to set the numbers up! Their pricing has changed since I got my numbers but I still think they're fairly reasonable. Worth a look like!

We have the same service with orange or EE what ever they would like to call themselves. Customers seem to prefer to call landlines especially the elderly.
In my opinion most people are more inclined to ring a local number as they know they'll get a local tradesman and I'm sure the fact most phone contracts mobile & landlines let you ring local numbers free would make it more preferable over a mobile or 0845 number.
If the Vodafone systems the same it whispers before you answer letting you know it's a "pocket landline call", you can select your availability times and have a recorded message outside of those hours followed by an optional voicemail.
I've found it a valuable service that doesn't cost a lot and at the end of the day its a buisness expense so tax deductible.

We have the same service with orange or EE what ever they would like to call themselves. Customers seem to prefer to call landlines especially the elderly.
In my opinion most people are more inclined to ring a local number as they know they'll get a local tradesman and I'm sure the fact most phone contracts mobile & landlines let you ring local numbers free would make it more preferable over a mobile or 0845 number.
If the Vodafone systems the same it whispers before you answer letting you know it's a "pocket landline call", you can select your availability times and have a recorded message outside of those hours followed by an optional voicemail.
I've found it a valuable service that doesn't cost a lot and at the end of the day its a buisness expense so tax deductible.

i'm with orange. what does the service cost. is it a set fee or do you pay by each incoming call?

I got it for free as part of my package when I moved over from o2 buisness back in August they had promotion on but I'm sure they'd still do the same or at least similar deal to keep customers, I pay around ÂŁ29+vat per month. If you want more details/ ammo for when you ring them let me know ill check my bill out and get the exact tariff name and prices etc ;)

Monkeyhanger, have a look at TTNC (The Telephone Numbers Company).

I second that! Our office landline is supplied through them, we paid for a premium local landline number (easy to remember and works great on radio ads) that is automatically redirected to 1 real landline number and 2 mobile phones. Also, out of hours it gets redirected to a third emergency mobile and after the initial set up cost which I believe was around the ÂŁ300 mark for the premium number, we pay ÂŁ12 per month for this service!

Great service and would highly recommend!

Reply to Mobile / landline phone numbers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net