Discuss O2 mobile landline - is it good? Alternatives? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am thinking about buying some business cards. I think if I state the landline number as well than the whole look will be more professional.

Of course, I can not stick around the landline so I was thinking for going with the O2 landline to mobile phone call forwarding service.

Anybody uses something like this? Or anything else which will do the job?

Thanks!

you can get a land line number if you have a phone with skype enabled. anyone then on skype can call your mobile free. also you can get a area code of whichever one you want. ie i know people with smaller businesses that have bought a local one and also a london one both come straight through to the mobile with no cost to you or the person ringing.

btw i don`t work for skype :D just re read it and it looks like a sales pirch :D

I have a Virgin Media Landline and Virgin Mobile - if you have Unlimited Landline calls which is 7.95 you get free calls to virign mobile

I then took the Call Forwarding service which redirects all calls to my mobile for 2.00 and I don't pay any extra for the call - looks and sounds a lot more professional

We use bt landline with *21* call forwarding but get charged for recieving a call, always confuses the customer saying that we are such and such a place because they automatically think were at home if they dial a landline and cant get there head around it

We use bt landline with *21* call forwarding but get charged for recieving a call, always confuses the customer saying that we are such and such a place because they automatically think were at home if they dial a landline and cant get there head around it

How much does that costs?

I am with Sky, that should not matter I sopose? (still BT line)

Hi everyone,

i just advertise 0800 number and mobile. 0800 number costs £3 per mth, no contract. then have 0800 diverted to mobile permitantly. costs less than diverting landline to mobile.

Try TTNC (The Telephone Numbers Company)
I have an 0800 number that diverts to my mobile and an 0845 for a fax number.
You buy the number outright as a one-off payment (no monthly line rentals to pay) then buy credit for the diverted calls. With the 0800 number being free to the caller you have to pick up the tab. But the 0845 number is a one-off payment to buy the number outright and nothing to pay after that! (no monthly line rental or call divert!).
Their costs are pretty competitive and it was so easy to set up.
You can then go online at any time and change the number that you want the the calls diverted to.
You don't even need a landline.

Reply to O2 mobile landline - is it good? Alternatives? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net