Discuss Need help with identifying name of connector in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martom

Hi, I hope someone can help me shortly - what's this connection name, it feeds LED fairy lights in a garden, but cant find any name on it. It does work on 230V
Thanks
Tom20151030_112502.jpg20151030_112512.jpg

I would say it was a 2 pole ip68 waterproof wire connector polarity sensitive.
I am not sure you would get much closer than that, it is probably custom made for the lights producer, though there are a lot of similar types out there.
It is unusual to have a polarity sensitive two pole connector at 230V, for a connector that size anyway.

We use a panel mount version of this sometimes for signal cables, the socket is trailing and the plug is bulkhead mount but they also do the type shown that's trailing-to-trailing. They're just known as a 2-pin M10 connector but the problem is they usually come with the wire already moulded in so you'd need to make a solder joint and heatshrink it. See here for dimensions.

**edit** I think they're rated for both power and signal voltages so it could be 230VAC or 12VDC depending on the application.

**EDIT** Here's one on E-Bay that's a self-assembly version http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-2Pin...able-Wire-Connector-Plug-Socket-/400916443827
Check the voltage is compatible first with the vendor.

Last edited:
Thanks for replies,
I thought its 12V until checked voltage on it - definitely 230V AC :)
Job sorted today, removed connector, used IP68 Gel cable joint - works for me
Thanks for help
Tom

Reply to Need help with identifying name of connector in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net