Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss New Starter in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leoni_banks

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I am wanting to get into the sparky trade and do not know where to start as there seems to be a lot of courses!!

Could anyone tell me whether i should take the 6-10 weeks intensive training courses or the study at home over 1-2 years?? Also which certificates are most recognised etc......

I am currently working as a sales administrator but would like to work as an electrician prefferably on domestic installations.

Thanks

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi and welcome. There are many, many ways to get into the trade. I believe one of the best ways is still to become a 'mate' and get in with a company who will support you going to college one day a week. Alternatively you could do 2 nights a week at college over 3/4 years.
Also, there are 'intensive' courses aimed at the domestic sparky which take just a couple of weeks. I think I will speak for most of us when I say forget home learning. This is not the kind of job which can be mastered by sitting at home studying.
Good luck whichever option you choose. I am sure one of our training partners will be here shortly to offer you some advice too.

D

Darius-parky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi,

I am wanting to get into the sparky trade and do not know where to start as there seems to be a lot of courses!!

Could anyone tell me whether i should take the 6-10 weeks intensive training courses or the study at home over 1-2 years?? Also which certificates are most recognised etc......

I am currently working as a sales administrator but would like to work as an electrician prefferably on domestic installations.

Thanks
I would personally go to "Electrical Courses Feedback" or " Electrical NVQ's & Courses" on this forum. You would find hundreds of threads and posts past and present which I am absolutely sure many of them would apply to your situation.

If not just hang in there Shakey will be with you in a minute.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to New Starter in the Electrical Courses and Electrical NVQ's area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom