Search the forum,

Discuss No Power in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eco-tech

Just had a phone call from a chap who says his electric off.
He then said he was wiring a new light up and it went BANG pop
He then said that no fuse had blown (at all)
Asked him to check again and he said yup no fuse had blown

He then said he no power AT ALL

What is the problem if no fuse had blown

Its stumped me

Could he have managed to blow the main fuse from DNO, has he checked proplery to see if MCBs and RCDs are all in the on position had this before only to attend and find that MCB was on RCD was off.

Chris

He says no main fuse in

This cant be correct

Can it

There all fused not mcb

Any ideas

As he says it comes from mtr to a junction box and to the fuse board

there will be a main fuse. It maybe have an rcd that when it trips the lever sits in the middle posistion and needs to be pulled down then up to reset. As it is in the middle posisition he does not know it is off

He probablly cant see the main fuse this junction box he is talking about would that be a seperate isolator put in by the DNO.

DNO = electricity supplier

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Again depends on the DNO he may be able to contact them now. Perhaps you could hint that it would have been cheaper and better to have called you in to do the job properly in the first place;)

Chris

Couple of things..

1. DNO index nationally with all phone numbers -
ENA: Who are YOU connected to?

2. Why not get stuck into it and earn yourself a few quid?

Fiver says he aint blown the main fuse.. scare him with the DNO stuff (ethically) and offer him the phone number (not forgetting to lay it on thick)

Tell him you've had this sort of prob many times but it's quite common for people not to stump up the money once you've got power restored.. hence you don't restore power anymore unless you get part payment upfront.

He called you for a reason (do you know why?)..don't let him go!

Good luck ;O)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers chaps

It was the main fuse so i got the local board out, He changed the 60amp and did it for free as he said its there fuse so its there problem and with no call out charge.

Lucky ****ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttte eh

Typical if that was me they would have just put their prices up by 150% and I would have been the first customer to pay the new rate:mad:

Chris

Reply to No Power in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net