Discuss NVQ 2356 and 2330 registration extended to July 2012 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparksflying

The NVQ 2356's last registration date was supposed to be 31st March 2011.

I have found out yesterday that this has now been extended until July 2012 along with the 2330 level 2 & 3 City & Guilds | Electrical installation .

I cant beleive that City & Guilds can leave it until the last minute and then quietly make this announcement, they obvioulsly knew beforehand but wanted to get as many people registered before 31st March and then announce this after the deadline. Another money making scam me thinks.

Anyway, good news all the same. This means there continues to be an option for those wishing to take the 2330 and 2356 route rather than the 2357 and the money making mandatory AM2 route.​

Freeking scamers!!!!! i signed up as well, i made a down payment, and then had no reply from training provider, i called loads just ringing, emailed them and just a couple of days ago they got back to me to say im on the register, man i was sweting as i could of jumped with another 1 before the end date and now i find out that its been extendid what a joke!!!!. i wonder if the price is going to go up or down. they should know that money is tight and having to put other things off to make payments, that aint on, what a lib!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt get the fact my college was still running 2330 level 2 this year? So you must have to offer level 3 then the NVQ 3 on the back end of it. Or doing level 2 would be kinda pointless!

money, they will use the complaints shizzzz, but its pure money, i only found out about it when trying to renew my card, and that was about 1 month ago, why did they not notify people like PART P. it was all done to get a massive panic on with no proper thought, i bet the building site industry jumped on there backs as they would of lost loads of workers, as you cant do electrics with a labourers card.

I went to register on the 2356 last week but was basically talked out of it by the college. Apparently they're supposed to be running the nvq3 part of the 2357 from this September which will include a "bridging course" for those who had done the 2330, and early indications showed it would be "easier" than the 2356.
They don't seem to like making these things easy to understand.

yes had me and for both lv3 and nvq even when i looked on there website and it said 31/7/2012 for 2330 lv2 and 3 then when i went on again after the telephone calls and emails i made to them and all colleges around me yeah its ending is all i got
then when i registered for both i got a apologetic email saying they are now both being extended yes nice one bit to late
would have been nice to know before 1 st april when the deadline was the 31 st march if they donbt know and colleges dont know how are we supposed to have any idea

I went to register on the 2356 last week but was basically talked out of it by the college. Apparently they're supposed to be running the nvq3 part of the 2357 from this September which will include a "bridging course" for those who had done the 2330, and early indications showed it would be "easier" than the 2356.
They don't seem to like making these things easy to understand.

It may be easier but dont let that fool you into believing it will be cheaper cos it wont. Dont forget you still have to do the COMPULSORY AM2 to claim the 2357 NVQ. You can put aside at least another ÂŁ700 for the AM2 plus 3 days for doing it and the additional expense of any resits.

Do you think it was a coincidence that this news came out on April fools day. Someone is having a right laugh............

I am on the 2330 course starting in September its 3 days a week over a year. Does this mean I can do 2356 September 2012 now then as my tutor was trying to put me off 2330 the other day saying it was going to be worthless to do as I would not be able to do 2356 anymore

So question the deadline of July next year is that when the course needs to start by or when you enroll on the course by?

you need to get on a course by then, then you have up to 3 years to complete it.

So once I finish my 2330 with college by say next june if I apply for the 2356 with my college before July there is no problem me doing 2356 in September 2012 at college?

So once I finish my 2330 with college by say next june if I apply for the 2356 with my college before July there is no problem me doing 2356 in September 2012 at college?

hi crisjh it doesnt matter when you sighn up for it aslong you do it before the closing date then you get upto 3 years to complete it. , my college was chargeing a insane amount my tutor told me to look at a place in cornwall called quickstep. saved me 2000

hi crisjh it doesnt matter when you sighn up for it aslong you do it before the closing date then you get upto 3 years to complete it. , my college was chargeing a insane amount my tutor told me to look at a place in cornwall called quickstep. saved me 2000

You mean i have to finish 2356 before july 2012. I cant do that as I only start doing 2330 for a year course starting this September that will run till about june 2012

Reply to NVQ 2356 and 2330 registration extended to July 2012 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net