Discuss Off Peak & Peak combined CU in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Morning All....

Just at job yesterday, small flat conversion, tidy install done about 8 years ago.

Here's a picture of CU:

IMG_0143.JPG

What you've got is main switch covering the 2 x mcbs on right which do off peak. And RCD in middle which is covering peak mcbs on left.

Never seen this set up before. Is this allowed?

Quite handy if so would save a lot of space and could save the customer a bit of money.

The only factor which would limit it these days is the 17th, so an extra few modules for 2 more RCDs in there and a 100a isolator for the peak... dosent leave much room in a 15way cu (15-10= 5 ways !!) RCBO's would work though.

Have a good day,

Cheers Sy

Seen and done plenty like that, here's a bad photo of one we did box.jpg

That's

Main switch 24/7
Sockets (rcbo)
Up lights (rcbo)
Rcd
General circuits
Main switch Eco 7
Non-Rcd heaters
RCD
RCD protected heaters

Attachments

• box.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 60
Like it - do you have a picture without the lid on?

Unfortunately no, admittedly it wasn't one of my best....was quite busy in there in the end with 2 sets of tails, Rcbos and quite a few circuits coming from all over the place (was originally 3 boards + external earth blocks)

Reply to Off Peak & Peak combined CU in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Absolutely 0 knowledge of this so excuse language / terms / explanation. Electric only ground floor 2 bed flat ( 3 external walls) On peak...
Replies
Views
Is a board layed out like this correct for an eco 7 off peak supply and a peak supply? Two isolators that feed seperate rcds. They have a...
Replies
Views
Hello All I was pondering an idea recently regarding the ground connection to my property. At present it has a combined Neutral to earth at the...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've been commissioned to carry out remedial works at a property that recently had an EICR done by another contractor. Upon arrival at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock