Discuss office installation what type of MCBs do we use for sockets in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Final circuits with high protective current (>10mA) should have high integrity CPCs and if protected by a 30mA RCD it is normal to budget for a maximum of 6x3mA IT leakage loads per final circuit so a Type B MCB should be adequate in these circumstances.

some industrial rated boards usually stock c rated as standard TBH, if you do want to use b rated check what db your dealing with first otherwise you may have to use a c

If Riley is correct and this is homework maybe the question you need to ask is why use a type B, C or D to allow you to answer your own question correctly .... you cant learn by parrot fashion and you wont last long out in the real world if you dont know why you are required to do something a certain way .... so my advice is rather than ask the question (homework) direct try asking a question that will help you answer the one your stuck on.

If Riley is correct and this is homework maybe the question you need to ask is why use a type B, C or D to allow you to answer your own question correctly .... you cant learn by parrot fashion and you wont last long out in the real world if you dont know why you are required to do something a certain way .... so my advice is rather than ask the question (homework) direct try asking a question that will help you answer the one your stuck on.

Exactly, not being bad lyncher you should really know this stuff if your doing an office installation. ETCI regs will help you out but you have to put the time in and work out your calculations. I think this chap is spark in Ireland almost certain

Hes tagged location as london, what worries me is to be asked the question in the first place the subject and reasoning will have been covered already and shows a lack of understanding which in our trade is a dangerous thing.

@OP.... the answer to your question could be any B, C or D but as mentioned already your ZS will be a limiting factor in some cases, where ZS isn't a limiting factor then type D will comply just as much as type B or C... but the trick is to get the lowest rating without the issue of nuisance tripping and with regards to offices it likely they may be high earth currents from IT equipment which will also play a part in the earthing system which can effect ZS readings thus become a limiting factor on type of mcb chosen, also to note it will possibly reduce the number of points allowed per circuit if rcd covered.
Some IT suites are switched on in banks like schools and thus create a larger inrush than normal and can require the need for type D's this also has many limiting factors like cable length the need for larger csa etc etc .... as your question stands their is no correct answer and the only guide to what your tutors are after is actually in your course work.

I know he tagged london but i think hes lying because he mentioned he has an exam and FAS ( company who deals with apprenticeships in Ireland) have a 3 week exam for redundant apprentice electricians most have served 3 years but cant gain the 208 weeks needed in Ireland to get qualified because theres not much work here, So FAS introduced a CDM scheme *(Competancy Determination Mechanism) design install testing of office toilet and restaurant , Ive heard about this , just think hes on this to get quick info probably not bothered trying to learn himself

I know he tagged london but i think hes lying because he mentioned he has an exam and FAS ( company who deals with apprenticeships in Ireland) have a 3 week exam for redundant apprentice electricians most have served 3 years but cant gain the 208 weeks needed in Ireland to get qualified because theres not much work here, So FAS introduced a CDM scheme *(Competancy Determination Mechanism) design install testing of office toilet and restaurant , Ive heard about this , just think hes on this to get quick info probably not bothered trying to learn himself

Seems your knowledge of this set-up so il take your word for it but either way its a worrying sign that he just asking for direct answers and not asking why they are what they are, good job McDolnalds dont require any special training IMHO its rescued alot of students ;)

Seems your knowledge of this set-up so il take your word for it but either way its a worrying sign that he just asking for direct answers and not asking why they are what they are, good job McDolnalds dont require any special training IMHO its rescued alot of students ;)

I know very worrying, i agree Darkwood.ha

are mc donalds still hiring!! ah no i done the CDM in shannon and was the only one to pass out of our class!! i work in london for the last five years and a half years!!

Reply to office installation what type of MCBs do we use for sockets in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net