Discuss Old sockets having a party in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I was off duty, but this was a nice collection all in the same place:

1693057346815.png

The 5 amp and 15 amp are obvious.
The 4 pin one? 3 phase? It has Red B and Y scratched on it.
I seem to remember the name Rayrolle and BS196 but it doesn't seem the same?
Thanks!

This collection was in the corner of a very old chapel in the grounds of Oswestry school which itself dates from 1400's. (I was there for a wedding)
I can imagine the 2A being in the right place for a pulpit desk lamp. Trying to imagine a likely load for the 4 pin socket kept my brain occupied through the ceremony!

So exciting to have that set of sockets in your mind during a wedding ceremony! Must have relieved the boredom immensely!
I was at a wedding recently in a very modern church and spent the whole time peering through the suspended ceiling at the cables and ducts and wondering why didn't they run that cable on the tray? There's plenty of room...
My daughter says I'm sad...a sad old man! Yet, when any of her pals have problems with their electrical stuff..."Hey, I'll call my Dad, he knows stuff!"

So exciting to have that set of sockets in your mind during a wedding ceremony! Must have relieved the boredom immensely!
I was at a wedding recently in a very modern church and spent the whole time peering through the suspended ceiling at the cables and ducts and wondering why didn't they run that cable on the tray? There's plenty of room...
My daughter says I'm sad...a sad old man! Yet, when any of her pals have problems with their electrical stuff..."Hey, I'll call my Dad, he knows stuff!"

It's annoying that no one else cares about this stuff, provided it works.

We all belong to this society.

I wonder if the Lewden connector could have been for a organ blower, which could have been a delta wound motor, the 2a socket for the light over the organ & the 15a socket for a heater to keep the organist warm.
Interesting you should say this. I was actually at the wedding as the organist. The instrument is on the gallery however there is a rank of wall mounted pipes not connected to any air supply suggesting that once there was a different arrangement.
It’s certainly a possibility.

Reply to Old sockets having a party in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net