Discuss part p and inspect and test in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chrisstoke

Hi does anyone know best place around stoke on trent or surrounding areas to get my part p and inspection and test done as I want to start working on my own and need these
Thanks

Do you have you any electrical/electrician qualifications? If so you dont need to do a part P course just register with a body such as NAPIT or ELECSA.

no. you have to abide by part p of the buildig regs. this meaqns notifiable work has to be notified to LABC, either by paying them a huge fee or joining a scam as badged said.

You have to be registered under "Part P" with the likes of ELECSA to work on houses. If you have sufficient electrical quals/experience you can register with a scheme and dont have to do a "Part P Course".

If you havent got the necessary qulas/experience then there are the short course providers who can give you training -- do a search on the forum to read about all the heated arguements for and against!

In the first instance visit say ELECSA's website or give them a tinkle for a chat to see where you stand for registration ....

Thanks as I've always worked for other people I just wanted to know what id need to go alone and when i Google it its like a minefield of information some contradicting what I actually need

Thanks as I've always worked for other people I just wanted to know what id need to go alone and when i Google it its like a minefield of information some contradicting what I actually need

you'll find that people promoting these part p courses are the ones that provide them as a nice little earner.

Part P courses should be banned. It is a building regulation, not a qualification. If you work to BS7671, then you are complying with building regs anyway, So why would you ever want to waste your money on something that you already do, this trade is expensive enough.

All domestic electrical work must comply with Part P, but there are certain things that fall under Part P that need notifying to the LABC, and strange as it may seem you can find out for free! Download Approved Document P, and it will tell you all you need know. So if you want to spend your surplus cash, then send it to me and Telectrix, and we will put it to good use on beer and kebabs instead of just squandering it all on rubbish.

Cheers..............Howard

Cheers I was just wondering as I applied for another job and they told me I needed part p !! Right I just need get my inspection and testing Thanks for advice its quite daunting at first when looking into it , well it was for me

You don't need any formal quals to be able to inspect & test, just be 'competent' through a mixture of training, knowledge and experience on the installation you're inspecting & testing! And the only time you'll need to prove 'competency' is if something goes wrong .....

What a qual does (e.g. the old 2391) is add weight to your assertion of being competent.

If you are competent to do the design, installation, inspection and testing then you can complete your own installation certificates.

Because you have the qualifications you have stated you should be competent to do this.

The Part P fiasco is explained above.

There are additional inspection and testing qualifications (e.g. C&G 2394 and 2395) that may get you more competent in inspection and testing and they are worth doing for your own training and understanding but they are not required for you to be able to write out your own installation certificates.

In some cases (particularly for periodic inspections) the person requesting the inspection may require the electrician to have these qualifications, so it can be an advantage to have them as it may widen the range of work you can do.

Reply to part p and inspect and test in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net