Discuss Part P qualified, looking for work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest77

Hi-All,

I have passed my part P exam and also Pat testing and 17th Edition, I have wired up a socket on my next door neighbours patio and would like some advice. Before I notify it to Building control (Napit approved by the way) Can I confirm I do not need RCD protection to the socket as a Tv will be plugged into it and not an electric drill? will a minor works certificate be okay even though I tapped off the cooker supply through the kitchen? lastly I run a 2.5mm2 earth wire to the kitchen sink for main equipotential bonding so I know all is safe, Thanks.

Secondly if anyone is looking for ELECTRICIANS please send me a pm, I only charge 15 pounds per hour, and I have all my own tools.

NAPIT approved, forget it mate.
I'm only looking for NICEIC DI Professionals at the moment.
I will, however, keep your CV on file for future reference.

I'm guessing it's a dig re;membership of a club/organisation,not being any proof of competence,which,if anyone has been involved in the NHBC "carry-on",they will understand completely. Or,he's re-enacting the scene in Toy Story,where Buzz is drunk at the dolls tea party,"sucking back dar jeeling...":bow:

Hi-All,

I have passed my part P exam and also Pat testing and 17th Edition, I have wired up a socket on my next door neighbours patio and would like some advice. Before I notify it to Building control (Napit approved by the way) Can I confirm I do not need RCD protection to the socket as a Tv will be plugged into it and not an electric drill? will a minor works certificate be okay even though I tapped off the cooker supply through the kitchen? lastly I run a 2.5mm2 earth wire to the kitchen sink for main equipotential bonding so I know all is safe, Thanks.

Secondly if anyone is looking for ELECTRICIANS please send me a pm, I only charge 15 pounds per hour, and I have all my own tools.

Unfortunately you will still have to RCD protect it, even if you designate it solely for the TV as it is outside, sorry chap.

A minor works cert would be fine as you have not created a new circuit from the CU, however very bad practise to take from the cooker supply as this should be used solely for the cooker.

You would need a 10mm cable I'm afraid and it would have to run from the CU to within 600mm of where the water pipes enter the house, and before any joints. You should then seperately IR check the kitchen sink pipes to see if they require bonding. Obviously they will do if you do not have an RCD.

As long as you have a badge on saying 'electric' you are actually allowed to carry out any electrical work, domestic, commercial or industrial so keep at it MDJ, well done and keep up the good work!

:grin:

Hi,

Can you sort a problem for me. When my next door neighbours having a shower the RCD thingy in my house keeps going bang, I've stuck a matchstick in it so that it works. I thought £7.50 for half an hours work to sort it out, does that sound OK. I've read on the forum about bonding, but I don't know if she does that.

Regards.

Hi,

Can you sort a problem for me. When my next door neighbours having a shower the RCD thingy in my house keeps going bang, I've stuck a matchstick in it so that it works. I thought £7.50 for half an hours work to sort it out, does that sound OK. I've read on the forum about bonding, but I don't know if she does that.

Regards.

If the thingy keeps going bang, a matchstick wont last long will it? I would bang a nail in, as for the bonding issue are you sure you don't mean bondage? lol

Its okay thanks for all that helped, I couldn't get to the cooker circuit in the end so I tapped off the kitchen under unit lights, I have to have the switch on for the outside socket to work but all ended well, the socket doesn't need a RCD now either so the customer was happy.

Its okay thanks for all that helped, I couldn't get to the cooker circuit in the end so I tapped off the kitchen under unit lights, I have to have the switch on for the outside socket to work but all ended well, the socket doesn't need a RCD now either so the customer was happy.
All's well that ends well

Hi-All,

Wow that never gets old

Reply to Part P qualified, looking for work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net