Discuss part P in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
ELECSA:....0845 634 9043 or say no to 0845:....01623 404515

Joining fees: £444....including VAT.

Changes in January?...There are no changes in january: as of yet the government has not provided any new guidelines as regards new membership to part P. This may change between now and Jan.

PAT testing: Members can use elecsa headed forms for pat testing at no extra cost.

PIRs: Members can issue elecsa headed PIRs without public indemnity at no extra cost.

Commercial/Industrial: No extra cost.

Office requirements: Filing cabinet for keeping client records and copies of certs issued. A working complaints procedure is also required.

Multiple signature forms: If you are acting as the inspector and tester for an install undertaken by someone else then a multiple signature form is acceptable to elecsa (together with the designers and installers signatures).

NAPIT.....0845 543 0330...or say no to 0845:....01623 811483

Joining fees:..£576 including VAT.

Changes in January?..Nothing concrete as yet although the person I spoke to on the phone believed the proposed changes would go ahead in january.

PAT testing: Members can use Napit headed forms at no extra cost.

PIRs: Members can issue napit headed PIRs at no extra cost (although public indemnety at £250.000 is required).

Commercial/industrial: No extra cost.

Office requirements: Filing cabinet for keeping client records and copies of certs issued. A working complaints procedure is also required.

NICEIC........0870 013 0382....or say no to:....01582 531 000

Fees: Domestic installer: £478.80 including VAT
Approved contractor: £538.80 inc VAT for the initial registration and £478.80 inc VAT subsequently.

Changes in January? As of yet the government has not issued any new rules regarding proposed changes to new part P applications but this may change.

PAT testing: £478.80...for those on the domestic installer scheme but included for those on the approved contractor scheme.

Commercial/Industrial: Not covered by the part p scheme but covered by the Approved contractor scheme.

Multiple signiture forms: For approved contractors operating a QS system. Multiple signiture forms are not recoqnised by this part P scheme.

Hope this helps guys.
Glenn.:D

Last edited:
Thats a relief. I just spent the last 10 minutes looking for somewhere in my house to put one. Thought all my dreams of setting up on my own were over.
Yeah well this is why i was asking em about this as i am a but stuck for room at the mo n all mate......that wood paneled study complete with suit of armour will just have to wait...lol..........

Have to keep hold of my trousers when theres company round to avoid shocked (or admiring?) gasps at the builders bum.

Isnt it about time you got an avatar?
well i dont know what i should have....crusty the clown maybe?.....or how about thomas the tank engine?.....hmm..no i think not.....but i will see something that catches my eye and then we`l see......

I tend to digitise most of my paper work Glenn (including invoices) and file it under files/directories named according to postcode(and nr). That way if the property changes hands I can still refer back fairly easily (until the postcodes change again ;)).

I tend to digitise most of my paper work Glenn (including invoices) and file it under files/directories named according to postcode(and nr). That way if the property changes hands I can still refer back fairly easily (until the postcodes change again ;)).
the problem is though TQ is me and computers dont mix mate......its all i can do to get about in here...lol......the first time i posted pics in here...it took about 2-3 hours for me to figure out...lolffs.......

the problem is though TQ is me and computers dont mix mate......its all i can do to get about in here...lol......the first time i posted pics in here...it took about 2-3 hours for me to figure out...lolffs.......
Most scanner software will produce PDF files from their images these days mate (not as bad as it used to be). Easy to view anytime then, just double click on the file in Windows explorer (or your favourite linux file navigator tool).

Most scanner software will produce PDF files from their images these days mate (not as bad as it used to be). Easy to view anytime then, just double click on the file in Windows explorer (or your favourite linux file navigator tool).

I used to scan stuff but for some reason it takes my printer about 3 minutes to scan a doc or 20 secs to photocopy one.

thanks TQ...i will have to just suss it out for myself....persevearance being a virtue and all that lot...lol......

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.. I have just passed my part p, 17th, PAT and am doing I & T next week (2392). Due to my circumstances and in the process of getting out of the forces, i am not looking at doing my assessment until later next year. Will i have "grandfather rights" on the courses i have done prior to the change or will i have to do another course to become registered with either of the approved providers. Thanks in advance for your responses.

im pretty sure membership mostly depends on the assessment. A friend of mine has been with Napit for about 3 years now. he failed the 2391 last year and occasionally they say he`ll have to do it again at some point, but as long as hes paying them, they seem pretty happy to keep him as a member.

im pretty sure membership mostly depends on the assessment. A friend of mine has been with Napit for about 3 years now. he failed the 2391 last year and occasionally they say he`ll have to do it again at some point, but as long as hes paying them, they seem pretty happy to keep him as a member.
well from what i can gather all the part p providers say is you have to SIT the 2391 once a year.....no one said anything about passing it and this is how it perpetuates....seems a waste of money to me though...to sit an exam without passing just so you can stay part p............

That is the first i have heard of that. So thats another £400 a year. Wondering if this is all worth it. £400 for annual fee, £300+ for assessment and then this. I am seriously thinking about changing my plans to be honest!!!

well as i said the proposals for the short NVQ for part p arnt finalised yet and i reckon it wont be until well into the new year before the government gets it together........arnt going to take the risk though....I am doing the NVQ3 at the mo at college but i dont fancy waiting around for 2 years before i can notify stuff..........

Elecsa £444 full scope if you want to do pirs £700 plus this includes full scope and pir assesment .then part p everry year and pir assesment every 3 plus indeminity insurance and you have to have 2391 before. Change in jan new requirment is nvq level 3 no other qualification will do.

If your with a scheme before 31st dec 2011 it doesnt matter. Just 17th edition qual for all but naapit who already require this plus a level 3 such as c&g 2360.part 1&2 and 2391

Reply to part P in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net