Discuss PAT testing with NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there.

As I understand NAPIT approved contractors automatically are able to carry out PAT testing with there yearly subscription.
Do NICEIC approved contractors get the same benefit? I'm currently just a domestic installer and would have to pay an extra £450+VAT per a year for PAT testing!!

I'm an Approved Contractor and have membership of the PAT scheme also. I doubt it's available as part of the Domestic Installer Scheme though.

Hi there.

As I understand NAPIT approved contractors automatically are able to carry out PAT testing with there yearly subscription.
Do NICEIC approved contractors get the same benefit? I'm currently just a domestic installer and would have to pay an extra £450+VAT per a year for PAT testing!!
You only need to be COMPETANT, to carry out ISITEE (PATesting) no qualifications required.

I really don't get how the NIC can charge you £450 a year so that you can do PAT testing !!!!
No nor me
[automerge]1587619489[/automerge]
Hi there.

See post 4

Last edited:
Called NICEIC yesterday and they said no it's a seperate scheme even for full contractors :eek:

Not very much information on their website. But your essentially saying do a training course with them and PAT test forever?
Of course they will say that more revenue for them that way, you have to ask "is this why they are referred to as Scams? by some." Remember the person responsible for ensuring ISITEE is the Duty holder of the particular organisation requesting a testing regime. and need not be electrically competent, the person doing test on the other hand, needs to be competent only, no quals are needed, if you do the course the quals, if gained will be City and Guilds not NICEIC, they may run a course but the ultimate certifying body will be C&G, time to make your own mind up I think.

Last edited:
Called NICEIC yesterday and they said no it's a seperate scheme even for full contractors :eek:
Yes the PAT Scheme is separate to the AC Scheme. My point was that you are entitled to be part of the PAT Scheme if you are an AC without extra charge unless there has been a change to the rules. My company is listed as AC and PAT on the NICEIC website.

Good luck with that Mate, but why bother with the course, when you only need to be deemed competent to do the testing, believe me I was sent on the course by my Employer. what a waste of money. and some of the Students, well? You will learn all you need to know by reading the CoP.

Good luck with that Mate, but why bother with the course, when you only need to be deemed competent to do the testing, believe me I was sent on the course by my Employer. what a waste of money. and some of the Students, well? You will learn all you need to know by reading the CoP.

Fair I shall keep that considered, thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PAT testing with NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net