JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Path from Domestic Installer to JIB.

Discuss Path from Domestic Installer to JIB. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'd like to give an alternative opinion here. They are two very different routes to take and each can provide a decent wage..the full three year 2635 level 2 and 3 and am2 then NVQ level 3 will give you a gold card. And there is obviously some snobbery within the industry....A course which is very intensive to get part p accredited would enable you to design install test and certificate your own work in domestic properties which a gold card won't allow you to.Half of the 2365 will be metal munching and you won't get involved in design or calculations as this is done by the electrical design engineer.....They also tend to have charge hands or supervisor telling what to do and most of time will be fitting containment.... being responsible for a big house will involve complicated lighting with multiple grid switch and light circuits switching from a few positions over a few floors often using a combo of live and SW live and live and SL with joined neutrals feeding the switch and two way and intermediate all in the same grid.. you'll also get involved in audio and visual and smart home tech. Armoured supply to out building etc.....And if you haven't come across it before you can't simply ask your boss, you have to learn it for yourself you also have to make good and are responsible for much neater work....I think they have become very different and being a job good card holder won't necessarily help in domestic installs any more than not being able to bend conduit which is not easy either......my last point is that the comments are correct in that get a qualification is worthless without actually working with people who know what there doing.....both avenues can be rewarding but make a decision what area you'd prefer. working as a mate on site fitting cable tray is no more helpful I domestic as house bashing is if you need to terminate big armoured cables and work on three phase....I know I'll get hammered for this bug it's a fact!. Its a shame they don't do a year or two on the principles and then allow to complete units on your main area moving forward

Reply to Path from Domestic Installer to JIB. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net