Discuss Phantom Cooling Fan on Double Oven in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Seb

Hi all.

Has anyone encountered a double oven cooling fan being turned on by the use of an electric whisk on the same circuit?
Sounds bizarre I know but have just discovered the use of the whisk alone turns it on, without the oven even being used beforehand. Could some sort of high frequency signal be switching it on?

Let me know if you have any ideas. Cheers

don't let the cat into the oven. oops. thought you said whisker.

EMI causing the micro/circuitry in the oven to switch the fan on probably. Lack of shielding or suppression in one or other of the two appliances. Daz
<Error - Sensible answer in line 1>
<Execution stopped>

Hi all. Yep the whisk does it every time but after "beating" it out of you I think that DPG has the recipe for success. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably need to check if a diversity calculation was done before the cooker was installed. Thats what I was asked when I asked about cooker installations.

It might help if you down rated the plug to 13A no matter what the installation instructions say, like thats gonna help.

Qualifications, Pah!

Still spitting blood.

Reply to Phantom Cooling Fan on Double Oven in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just had some electrical work completed in the bathroom; I've recently refurbished the bathroom, replacing the old electric shower with...
Replies
Views
Hi Cat here looking for advice on a DIY query - for newly fitted double oven Hotpoint DD2 844C BL. Have found the metal cover for the power cable...
Replies
Views
And the 1st thing I see is Smeg cooker tripping randomly. So Here's My Issue Have Spent Numerous hours trying to talk to someone at Smug Smeg...
Replies
Views
Dear Electrical Experts. Hokay, I know the question sounds stoopid - but here's the thing. I've not had an electric kettle for awhile because...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock