Discuss PIR questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

t0m4

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm doing my first report, and the installation what i got has lot of DIY marks on it.
What do you think:

-If cpc used as a line conductor in a lighting circuit ( 2way switch), code 2 or code 1 recommendation are you suggesting ?

-On another lighting circuit the IR test between live and earth conductors is 90 ohm. (not megaohm). Code 1 and should be isolated?

-Is it allowed to use un-insulated cable with blue and brown sleeving inside the consumer unit (25mm between main switch, RCD and neutral bars)?

Kind regards,
Tom

-If cpc used as a line conductor in a lighting circuit ( 2way switch), code 2 or code 1 recommendation are you suggesting ?

Code 1

-On another lighting circuit the IR test between live and earth conductors is 90 ohm. (not megaohm). Code 1 and should be isolated?

This needs more definition

-Is it allowed to use un-insulated cable with blue and brown sleeving inside the consumer unit (25mm between main switch, RCD and neutral bars)?

What method of insulation is used?

Hi,

I'm doing my first report, and the installation what i got has lot of DIY marks on it.
What do you think:

So are you saying at the end of the 2 way switching the last switch has no earth as it's being used as a strapper???

Is there any form of additional earth fault protection present......probably not by the sounds???

That sounds like the factory fitted split load kit.

Kind regards,
Tom

In blue.

the CPC used as strapper Code1 Ir low requires further investigation code2 the 25mm in CU sounds like a split load kit as Lenny says (Check they are routed correctly

"at the end of the 2 way switching the last switch has no earth as it's being used as a strapper???"
Yes.

The low IR circuit need further investigation.
This is a lighting circuit for the 2 bedrooms, and the hall-way. All together 12 down lighters and 4 wall lights. All down lighters are very old, and most of them are in the ceiling just because the painting is holding them. I checked 1 on each circuit, and I had problems to put back them.. If I Start the fault finding that could take another couple of hours, and I’m quite sure that the client will complaining about the ceiling when he will get the unsatisfactory report..
Is it my responsibility to find where is the fault in their DIY installation ?

"That sounds like the factory fitted split load kit."
Hmm, its looks you right.
Features Hager
So it means it should be fine..

And one more (the last, I promise:rolleyes:)
The RCD is working properly, but has 0.80 ohms resistance.
This makes the Zs reading to high for the ring circuit.
I tested it separately, so definitely the RCD gives 0.80ohms to the reading.
Should I write this separately on the observations list (code?),
or just mention it with the high Zs. ?

Thanks for your replies

"If I Start the fault finding that could take another couple of hours, and I’m quite sure that the client will complaining about the ceiling when he will get the unsatisfactory report..
Is it my responsibility to find where is the fault in their DIY installation ?"

What was agreed when you undertook the work? A Periodic Inspection Report is normally just that-a report, fault finding and defect rectification should really be discussed on completion of the report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PIR questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net