Discuss Pricing/charging in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

whatever method you're comfortable with. different jobs, sometimes different way of pricing.

I tend to base my price for a job on an hourly/half daily/full daily rate plus the price of materials with mark up. If i think a job is going to take me two hours, the estimate I send to the customer will show the full cost of two hours labour and the cost of materials seperately and then a combined total.

I find that pricing per point is too broad. Lets say for example that two different customers want one socket installed each. One wants a socket installed, surface mounted right next to an exsisting surface mounted socket and they already have RCD protection and bonding in place. The other however has an old rewireable fusebox (no RCD protection, with no gas or water bonding and they want a new socket installing, sank in/flush mounted in tiles above their kitchen worktop with the cable chased in and run under the floor to the fusebox 10 meters away on the other side of the house. I can't believe that anyone would charge per point given these two scenarios.

All depends on job size. Small one-offs individual price depending on situ,etc. Total rewire or new instal or multi point commercial - per point probably better. Conduit, swa, etc, work out how much can be done per hour and and price accordingly.

Reply to Pricing/charging in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Having some pricing debates in the office recently. What are people charging for EICR's at the moment? We're about 18.50 per circuit but recently...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
Just need a bit of advice from some domestic sparks. I work in engineering so I don’t normally price domestic work. I need to remove a socket from...
Replies
Views
Been asked to price for a job, customer is having attic done out so needs a few new circuits up there. Some more context I'm based in South Wales...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Posted on here a couple of years ago and got great advice. Have been self employed a couple of years now and always find pricing work the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock