Discuss Private Rented Property - Council Demands in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

parm

Hi All,

Been asked to do a rewire on a private rented property. Apparently the property owner had a few issues with the tennant and the tennant took up issue with the council who subsequentley viewed the property and and the landlord to do extensive upgrades one of which was improvement to the wiring. However they've asked for 2 particular items such as the extractor in the kitchen and also bathroom to be connected by an NICEIC approved contractor. Can the council make these demands on a private property owner or is this just someone at the council end interpretting there own policies for council owned properties? As all other electrical work listed does not have those additional comments albeit they're not in special locations but extensive all the less, hence the landlord decided a rewire from scratch was the way forward. Any thoughts on this as I'm not with any scheme at the moment but fully qualified etc.

Thanks in advance

I would hope that the guy at the council was attempting to explain the importance of employing a company on a scheme, and used the NIC as an example from his experienc.

it is as said up to the person who they choose so long as that person is qualified to do and certify the work These wee jobsworths at the councils need a right good boot up the backends they get a wee bit of training and only pick up on bullet points if it was me id be sending a letter to my local councilor asking them to explain their preferance to NICEIC as this could affect you and your buisness due to some PipSqueek

It's the greedy landlords that need a boot up the backside. They get away with all sorts of compromises to tenants' safety. It's time councils came down on them like a ton of bricks, and on the agencies who turn a blind eye to it and do nothing to protect those tenants.

Reply to Private Rented Property - Council Demands in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net