Discuss Problems with veritas 8 alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have reset it now with the engineer code but am unable to arm it using my personal code, it will arm in a fashion by pressing part/full but flashes up zones 5,6,7 whilst arming
Had a Veritas panel do exactly the same recently, the only option was to ditch the program back to factory defaults and reprogram the panel from scratch

Is that an easy task to do, I've been looking at just buying a new control panel as this one is 20 years old now anyway
Takes me about 10 - 20 minutes to reprogram a Veritas Excel panel including the text depending on what part sets the customer wants so a Veritas 8 would not take too long
If you have the installation manual just work through the programming section from the start and you should have no problems

I have changes the Veritas C8 panel recently but for some reason, the alarm can be set by just pressing full or part without any user code which is unusual - any ideas on this issue?

I have changes the Veritas C8 panel recently but for some reason, the alarm can be set by just pressing full or part without any user code which is unusual - any ideas on this issue?
What changes have you made, without checking a manual I'm sure the quick setting feature is a programmed option
It still needs the user code to unset the panel

What changes have you made, without checking a manual I'm sure the quick setting feature is a programmed option
It still needs the user code to unset the panel

It is an install of a new panel - yes it does need the user code to unset! Wasn’t aware of a quick set option and can’t see reference to it - Thanks for the reply

It is an install of a new panel - yes it does need the user code to unset! Wasn’t aware of a quick set option and can’t see reference to it - Thanks for the reply
In the installation manual section 4 programming the control panel, miscellaneous selections zero, option 3 single button setting the default is ON

Hello,
As a follow on to this topic, I was wondering if someone could assist with the following potential issue please.
We have a Texecom Veritas 8 System with a rather old and faded alarm box on the outside wall, although that said it still works fine.
Next month we are having a new rendered finish on the outside walls, which requires the alarm box to be disconnected and removed, prior to thereafter reinstalling with either the existing box or ideally a newer one, albeit still linked to the existing Veritas system.
Is this possible or will this cause major issues as highlighted in previous posts here.
Many thanks for any advice.

A new external sounder can be connected to your system with no problems if you take a picture of the connections before you remove the external sounder
You will need to insulate the +12v and -ve so you do not cause a short and blow the fuse in the panel

A new external sounder can be connected to your system with no problems if you take a picture of the connections before you remove the external sounder
You will need to insulate the +12v and -ve so you do not cause a short and blow the fuse in the panel
Many thanks for this reply.

Reply to Problems with veritas 8 alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net