Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss pscc pfc values in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
just done eicr on a 3 phase db LI= 1.33KA L2=1.44 L3=1.48 THESE ARE THE PSCC VALUES SO ADDED TOGETHER THEY GIVE ME 4.25 KA THE LAST TEST DONE 5 YEARS AGO WAS 5.5KA NO WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS TO BE LOWER NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN DB AND I NO THE READINGS ARE ACCEPTABLE YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

Aren't you just supposed to double (or more accurately x 1.73) the highest of the readings to get PSCC on 3 phase.

So in your case PSCC would be 2.96kA (double your L3 value). I don't think you're supposed to just add them all together.

That's what I was taught anyway.

Well I thought you double it my self had a quick look in gn3 not had time to read properly yet but all I did see was your pscc will always be higher than your pfc on a 3phase system anyone find we're it's says it's doubled let me no what page my gn3 is at work cheers

The line to line pscc will be the highest, the rule of thumb as others have said is single phase pscc x 2, this should be recorded as in your example as 1.48 x 2 to avoid any doubt by office persons verifying test sheets

The previous result is pretty close to x2 x2 of your measurements so maybe he was using twu thumbs!

I have had this result also on a db , 3 from origin, after a bit of head scratching we decided it was parallel earth pats connected to to DB3 which were at a lower impedance at that point than origin due to the length of the sub mains, as we moved back to origin the pscc became the higer value

Also on TN-C-S pscc on line to neutral and pefc are much the same unless you isolate the installation and disconnect the earthing conductor, there is little point in this however as the whole idea is to know the worse case value

sounds as though the previous guy may have read the phase/phase value then doubled it.

tim its a tns system and yes i ment my pefc was higher than pscc on a 3 phase board

That would be Phase to neutral = psc and Phase to earth = pfc ?

If so, then your earthing system from the DB is running parallel back to the main intake. Very low R2 value.

You could try an R2 measurement with a R1 (L1,L2,L3) at the DB then add that to the probable Ze at the main board, if possible. Compare the measured values with the calculated values. Allow 30% for maximum operating uncertainties with the measured values.

Its not so uncommon.

Network fluctuations.
I wouldnt get too bogged down with the finer details of this test personally , its beyond the control of the consumer.
I've had some weird readings before on big installations , usually due to the DNO's supply transformer being on or very close to the site in question.

Reply to pscc pfc values in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net