Discuss putting a light in my loft using wago in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

monkey2014

hi there
I was wondering if someone could help me
i’m trying to supply a light to my loft adding a switch also in the loft to turn the light on.
I have found a cable in the loft that supplies power to the living room lights. the living room has 2 ceiling roses which I am wondering if this is why it is causing me a problem.
I have cut the cable in the loft and using 3 x 773-104 and 1 x 773-102 connected the 4 twin cables. 1 cable from the switch 1 from the light and 2 from the cable I have cut. when I put the power back on it seems that the 1 of the living room lights keeps flickering on and off and the switch in the loft turns the flickering light off but doesn't light up the loft light. im wondering if this is caused by having 2 separate lights in the living room or that I have cut the wrong cable or do I just need to add another wago connecter
any advice would be grateful
alan

think you need the services of an electrician to fix your bodge and make it safe and working. no offence, mate, but think you're out of your depth here.

think you need the services of an electrician to fix your bodge and make it safe and working. no offence, mate, but think you're out of your depth here.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have used wago before had no problem was wondering if the problem was caused by the double lights in the living room

no. the problem is due to your getting it wrong. also, do you realise that the wago connections need to be enclosed in a suitable enclosure, not just left lying there.

As suggested, get an electrician in to sort it out, otherwise you will be in the dark over Christmas! You don't want to paying call out charges over Christmas! Trust me , if your a family man, life wont be worth living!

It shouldn't cost you more than an hour to have this sorted out. Moral of the story, mark everything up and take photos before you start, at least then you can put it back it you balls it up. And by the way, we electricians are not geniuses, this is what we do!

You need to reinstate the loop connections at the ceiling roses, then connect another cable into it, and tun it to the switch, at the switch terminate Brown into C or L1 depending on markings, then run another cable to the light fitting, and connect up L,N and E. Back at the switch connect L to the other switch terminal, both N's together with your wago, and do the same with the E, Job done. Because the Wagos are in the switch box, you dont need to use a wagobox.

Cheers...........Howard

Reply to putting a light in my loft using wago in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net