Discuss Quoting for jobs, Pricing newbie need advice! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Need some advice on getting a price together for a full install on a four bedroom detached property. I have no experience in costing projects as ive always been an employee and never had anything to do with this aspect of the job. Whats the best method for coming to a figure is it £X amount per fitting and fixture or just days rate X estimated hours? Not to sure what a job like this is worth. Any advice would be appreciated?

start out at £45 per point.count switches as points. cooker/shower points @£80. CU @ £200. then add up materials and hours x your rate. if the 2 figures are close, you got it. ( awkward customers, add 25%)

Get a price for materials, work out how long it will take you multiply that by your day rate and add £500 for good luck. I wouldn't mess around per point pricing it takes too long. But everyone does it differently .

Reply to Quoting for jobs, Pricing newbie need advice! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I just started out recently and I’m struggling with what to price myself at. It’s worth noting I live in the east London area and I’m looking...
Replies
Views
Been asked to price for a job, customer is having attic done out so needs a few new circuits up there. Some more context I'm based in South Wales...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can give me some advice, as I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to these things. I'm...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Im recently qualified and looking to do small jobs on the side. I ll be honest and admit I have no clue with regards to pricing...
Replies
Views
Hi. Apologies if this has been covered previously, but I’m so out of touch using forums and still don’t have much of an idea how to work this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock