Advertisement - Content continues below
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Remote control operated outside lights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at



Welcome to - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am wondering if anyone can name me a manufacturer that makes floodlights that work via a remote control and/or a remote PIR with a battery in it. I know they exist because I have come across such a system a while ago however I cannot remember the name.:confused:

The system I came across had two remote PIR`s on the side of a barn conversion. The PIRs were not 230v but battery operated. Then there were three floods (230v) which had IR sensors on to recieve a signal either from the PIR or from the remote control (which the home owner kept in his car). The floods were switched on at night if a presence was detected on the drive way or could be switched on and off via the remote control. It was a pretty good system.:D

Thanks in advance guys.
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below


  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
Thanks Warren

I have been doing some "Googleing" and have found that Time Guard did but have now discontinued a range of equipment suitable to what I require.

I have spoken to my wholesaler and they can still get hold the range at good prices too.




  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #4
Theres something we fitted a while back that might help you out.

What it is is like a mini board which you put a main supply to then has the option for four outputs which are operated by remote control. Have fitted a few now, mainly for outside, garden lights etc. Cant remember the name but got them from a shop called Mr Resistor in Putney.

This might work....


I've fitted a few of the Mr resistor panels. Not cheap c.£100 or so for 4 circuits and each circuit has to be connected to the one receiver panel but wee buns to wire and programme. Ideal for garden stuff etc. Also came with a wall switch and a pocket remote control. The ones I've fitted have lasted prob free for a few years and I probably fitted them wrong a few times!!!

I've just re read that and an explanation for wee buns is it's a Northern Ireland expression for a piece of cake.
Last edited:


  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
I believe they are known as "wise boxes"


  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #7
I got mine from the electric ctr womsleys , outside light remote control and wire free switch to go inside £40 . easy to fit and set up


Don't mind me while I bump some old threads. Just doing the rounds. Ignore the thread if it's not current topic, it'll soon drop off the list, but if the thread interests you, feel free to reply. :)
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Reply to Remote control operated outside lights in the Electrical Tools and Products area at

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Advertisement - Content continues below
Top Bottom