Discuss Replace switch/outlet combo with just a switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a 3-way switch and outlet combo. I want to replace it with just a 3-way switch but not sure which wires to connect to which terminals on the switch. The pictures show the front of the current switch/outlet, one side as I forgot to take a picture of the other
Switch03.JPG
Switch02.JPG
Switch01.JPG
side (it only has 2 terminals on that side), and a look into the box. Any advice or diagrams is much appreciated.

Can you show the other side of the combo to check for any terminal links. There shouldn't be as the black terminals can be seen.

Last edited:
Isolate power then disconnect the lower black and white, fit to separate connectors to keep safe then check the switch still functions. I may be wrong here but I am assuming the new switch has no receptacle.

I have a 3-way switch and outlet combo. I want to replace it with just a 3-way switch but not sure which wires to connect to which terminals on the switch. The pictures show the front of the current switch/outlet, one side as I forgot to take a picture of the other View attachment 85123View attachment 85124View attachment 85125side (it only has 2 terminals on that side), and a look into the box. Any advice or diagrams is much appreciated.
The white wire on the device you won’t need so take it out of the 2 whites taped together but leave the 2 whites together. It appears that the red wire and the 2 blacks are your switch wires. I would say that the black wire on the bottom left is you Constance hot so it needs to terminate on your common screw of the new 3 way switch, the black on the left side top and the red wire are your trackers. Them ground wires need to have a wire nut and taped together. That’s a code violation

Reply to Replace switch/outlet combo with just a switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net