Discuss Ring final continuity readings and Elecsa assessment looming... in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had my assessment yesterday and passed with an A. It was very relaxed and was mostly just chatting about Elecsa. I referred to the electricians guide to the building regs a few times when asked questions. I had a few blank moments when i was asked the most simple of questions! I done a Ze test, PFC, PSCC, RCD test, a Zs on one socket and was asked to do an end to end on the ring circuit i had a dodgy reading on. I explained the situation straight away and he said the fact i spotted it and new it was a parallel path was fine. (so big thanks to all the advice given on here about it) After 6 weeks of build up and stressing i feel a bit deflated, it really is nothing to worry about in the slightest the Elecsa guys are there to advise and guide you more than try and catch you out. I didn't even get any non conformaties or recommendations which i was surprised about. He said i should still look for any parallel paths just for my own peace of mind and to help me when i come across it again which I probably will on the next job! Thanks for all the advice once again. Now i need to start earning some money!
Michael

Had my assessment yesterday and passed with an A. It was very relaxed and was mostly just chatting about Elecsa. I referred to the electricians guide to the building regs a few times when asked questions. I had a few blank moments when i was asked the most simple of questions! I done a Ze test, PFC, PSCC, RCD test, a Zs on one socket and was asked to do an end to end on the ring circuit i had a dodgy reading on. I explained the situation straight away and he said the fact i spotted it and new it was a parallel path was fine. (so big thanks to all the advice given on here about it) After 6 weeks of build up and stressing i feel a bit deflated, it really is nothing to worry about in the slightest the Elecsa guys are there to advise and guide you more than try and catch you out. I didn't even get any non conformaties or recommendations which i was surprised about. He said i should still look for any parallel paths just for my own peace of mind and to help me when i come across it again which I probably will on the next job! Thanks for all the advice once again. Now i need to start earning some money!
Michael

See, nothing to worry about :)

It's just your look that its Friday...if you're feeling deflated, get yourself down to the pub and have a pint...or 50.

I was like a bunny in the headlights during the site visit. He was speaking words, they were in English, but I couldn't make any sense of them. I did calm down a bit, but when I was doing my Ze and PFC etc, my hands were shaking like Ozzy Osbourne's! For anybody else out there who's waiting for a P assessment, it's all about having your paperwork together and being up to speed on initial verification and a bit of building regs. They aren't looking to catch you out, but if you feel afterwards that you should've known the answers without the book, then that's your lesson of the day. There are guys on here who have been doing this for a long, long time, there are people like me who played at it for years before taking it seriously and there are the newbies. Of all those people, I bet there's not one of them worth his salt that wouldn't agree that we still learn things everyday. And I think that's the difference between a spark and a great spark, one passed the exams/apprenticeship and one is still learning new things. Well done mate, and welcome to the colourful world of P.

Reply to Ring final continuity readings and Elecsa assessment looming... in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net