Discuss Roller shutter door wiring in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jim B

Hi there,
I was wondering if someone could help please?
I have just joined the forum and would like some advice!!:)
I am installing a roller shutter door to my workshop. I have in place already a fused switched spur, this will require connecting to the keyed rocker switch (3 core flex). From this it requires 4 core flex to the single phase tube motor, which has in built proximity switches. The problem I am having is the mains in, where does this go in to the switch? There are 4 terminals marked 1,2,3 and 4. 1 and 3 are for the open/close, 4 and 2, I assume are the mains in.

Could any shed some light please on the wiring of the motor and switch? the flex from the motor is standard 4 core, brown, black, blue and earth!

If it helps the keyed switch is a" link controls" unit.

Many thanks
Jim

Welcome to Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK!

Welcome to electriciansforums.net Jim B. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Hi & welcome.:)

easy mate the key switch 2 and 4 are linked or should be take your live into the either if they are not linked then link them out 1 and 3 is obviosly up and down and then connect your nuetral on a conector direct to the motor youl want a 5 amp in your spur as the motor should only take 3 amp at most

hi mate there simple really you take your live from your suplly into your keyswitch common then extend your up and down wires in a jb and take to your key switch you will need to find out which is earth and which is neutral in the motor the the neutral from the motor goes to suplly and link up earths

It should be part of the manual.

As the original post was over 2 months ago think he will have got it going by now, if it was new then he should have got that from the manufacturers when purchasing it but from the sounds of things he bought it as a replacement motor or secondhand which would mean that he would not have got a manual.

Last edited:

Reply to Roller shutter door wiring in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net