Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss routing in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

benji

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

if you had to run a cable(swa) and there were two routes ie.short route run it through cable compartment of switchboard(compression gland in top and one in bottom and then on to final destination).long route install cable tray from external wall (low level)to existing tray (high level) then clip cable to tray.
which would be correct i'am sure there's something in the regs about going through electrical boards but i can't find it .
yours benji

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
M

montybaber

2nd one

benji

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know that you can't take a short route through a panel ,but if somebody keeps saying where does it state that you cannot do it and i can't find it and phrases like "bad practice ,relavent codes of practice" are totally alien to them its a struggle.Looked through regs. last night couldn't find anything wondering about B S standards.
Any pointers anybody
yours benji

R

rumrunner

I know that you can't take a short route through a panel ,but if somebody keeps saying where does it state that you cannot do it and i can't find it and phrases like "bad practice ,relavent codes of practice" are totally alien to them its a struggle.Looked through regs. last night couldn't find anything wondering about B S standards.
Any pointers anybody
yours benji
oh i see ,someone else wants you to do it and your looking for proof that you shouldnt ,just tell them that rumrunner says its bad practice ,that should shut them up;)
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

benji

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rum been doing this for 49yrs and theres no way i will run anything through a panel that is not appertaining to the panel ,i just thought there must be something in print somewhere.
yours benji

R

rumrunner

Rum been doing this for 49yrs and theres no way i will run anything through a panel that is not appertaining to the panel ,i just thought there must be something in print somewhere.
yours benji
Im not saying you would benj:)

S

Spudmiester

Tell them if they dont listen to you, we will send Cirrus round !!!

J

jibspark

tell them you've had enough training and experience to know its bad practice and you take pride in your work, tell them repeat business is important and if another spark laid eyes on it they wouldn't shut up about what a rough job it was, maybe compare it to something they can relate too...

i.e

sir, if you took you car into the body shop to get painted and they used a brush it would look terrible wouldn't it, although there is no regs that say they cant do it.....

i dunno i might just be rambling....

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to routing in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom