Discuss Schedule of Tests Results query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I’m new to the forum so first of all a quick hello ? I have my AM2 in the near future & got a query regarding the schedule of test results, namely the cable reference method and cable type. I know reference methods can be found in BS7671 (APP 4). Where there is more than one method for a particular circuit, i.e. PVC singles in trunking, then SWA on vertical tray, should I write both methods on the SOTRs? Or simply the “worst potential scenario” with regards to thermal effects?? (In this case singles in trunking)? B OR F. Or both?

Where there is more than one type of cable for a circuit (as above with singles & SWA) would I input the cable which makes up the majority of the circuit, or do I consider the lesser current carrying capacity for a cable?

Thanks in advance

hello. Either worste potential scenario or scenario mainly used.
TBH if the cable calcs are done correctly and cable sizes are right it doesn’t make much difference what you put in.

if it’s clipped direct for most 95% of circuit and buried for just a few inches then I go with clipped direct.
your call.

others may disagree with this.

Many thanks, that sounds logical and I agree, it’s certainly how I’ve been completing test sheets!! I guess I might be overthinking it a bit, don’t want to lose marks if the NET have other ideas!!

Reply to Schedule of Tests Results query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am in the process of training to be an electrician and have a question. When filling out a EIC for a new circuit am I required to test...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
A silly fault in a circuit only 4m long is currently eluding me! This is ECIR remedials of a landlords supply in a block of flats. Circuit 2 =...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock