Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Screwfix Stock Levels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Craigie

I think Srewfix have really gone down hill, stock levels are really poor and it is really annoying when they ask if you have found everything I am looking for onlyy to tell me it is out of stock.

standard practice in the retail industry. Low stock levels . pre order and wait ! thats what they want. Smaller units stocked 2-3 times a day from larger warehouses .

Feel they have gone down hill and the prices are not as good as they once were. They have got to big and customer service is not high on there list anymore.

Mind you....CEF take the pee with their prices . I hate all this questioning about how your going to pay etc before they give you a price
I just tell them i am asking for the cheapest price it is available to anyone. why should i pay more than the next man etc ?

The only big chain we have over here really is CEF so their prices reflect that. Thing is they always have what you need where as the smaller independents have to pre order everything

But that also applies to what we have "to carry" why should we have £3k worth of stock? I sometimes understand why mates carry SFA and they charge the client for going to buy any stock.

I did a job last december and the client was shocked i did not carry "Forbes and Lomax" Plates !!!!! "O yes mate... have 9 different ones handy in the car " !!!!! It took 2 hours to locate and as it was away from my normal supplier i was not able to get the same discount as usual.

There is so much more to the job than just doing the job ! and we need to be charging for this .

Very good point LukeD some customers expect you to be a rolling wholesalers aswell as an electrician. But some stuff you don't know you'll need till you come up against the problem on site, they don't seem to understand this.

Screwfix is open on a Saturday afternoon, Sunday and until late during the week, that is why I use them alongside CEF, Denmans and Edmundsons

Reply to Screwfix Stock Levels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net