Discuss selection of switchgear ratings in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pssdeepak

Can anyone please explain how can i select contactor,olr/mpcb,acb for a particular load for DOL? What should be the maximum load on the switchgear? Should it be 100% or less?

match the switchgear with the full load current as a minimum spec or the nearest size up, i assume the isolator wont be used to energise the motor direct but via a contactor and overload with start/stop buttons, if there is any chance the isolator may be used to switch off power when machine is running then make sure the isolator is rated for switching inductive loads as most isolators have ratings given for switching resistive loads and will be lower if used on inductive.
The overload should be the full load current rating of the motor and a contactor that can carry said load.

Last edited:

Reply to selection of switchgear ratings in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm an electrical engineer in training so please bear with me. Basically, a bank has ordered a second 500kw diesel generator and my job is to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the WT Henley Series 8 house service cutout. I have one of these installed at my house and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views
I have been asked/invited to "post more", lol, so let me make another post right away. I thought of sth worthy to post, of interest to many, I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock