Discuss SELV Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

smokey73

Hi can anyone give me any advice on how to test a lighting radial with selv in them do i have to remove the transformer been told it could blow it if i carry out the normal test. Only thing is i cant get to it its under a wooden floor:confused:

HELP!!!

depends what test you are talking about, ins resistance im assuming, if so and you have no access then join the line/neutral together for circuit and test to earth.

You can either test at 250v ir test or as said link out l-n then no potential will flow so wont damage anything on a 500v ir test but you need to note this on cert as L&N+E easier than disconnecting the tranny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to SELV Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have just had an EICR carried out and it has comeback with a few C2s. The only one I disagree with is the electrician raised as a C2 the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, No electronic knowledge here. The plug/transformer of a led lightstring is fried. Now I am trying to find a replacement on Aliexpress...
Replies
Views
I'm working on a site in the UK where a joinery company will be installing bespoke vanity cabinets. The cabinets will have MDF/mirrored doors with...
Replies
Views
Opinions on this Crabtree TP 10 way board? Got to test this next week after a quick recce on a clients site yesterday. Although probably...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am going to install LED lightstrips in the garden which would be on the SELV and obviously it needs to be installed using stepping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock