Discuss shed sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sneer7

i want to run an armoured cable from the db to 2 sheds at the back of the garden, approx 30m away. are there any rules or regs i need to know about?

your local friendly sparks will know this. that's why you pay him to do the job. to save cash, you can do the groundwork yourself to his stipulated requirements.

Sorry, it was too good an opportunity to miss.
There are a load of regulations that you have to consider, amongst which will be all of the ones regarding circuit design, protection verification, testing. Then there's all the part p malarkey that needs to be considered.
Like Tel said, your local spark is the one who should be worrying about these, that's why you pay him/her.

i'm looking to do the work myself so want to know what i need to know. i will run the cable on a 32a mcb thats rcd protected, along the fence to the back n then into the shed. is there anything wrong with this?

i'm looking to do the work myself so want to know what i need to know. i will run the cable on a 32a mcb thats rcd protected, along the fence to the back n then into the shed. is there anything wrong with this?

Yes you arnt aloud to fix to a structure like a fence due to it blowing over and it not being a suitable structure

Yes, there's a lot wrong with it. Please reconsider, electricians tend to be cheaper and less traumatic than funerals. The electric chair ran on 10 amps.

"It'll only be feeding two socket" Oh well that's ok then because feeding three would be dangerous.
For crying out loud mate, you do know that fannying around with something you know nothing about can be lethal don't you?

I hear B&Q have lots of friendly helpful experts that will advise on any job in the home regardless of the dangers or legislation covering it.

Reply to shed sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net