Discuss shed sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

What I mean is, is it just not the 'correct' way to do it? Can I still do it that way?

Unless you are part P registered, or you plan to notify your local building control in advance, then creating a new circuit for whatever purposes is illegal. Add to that, the fact that you seem to just be copying what someone has told you to do (and not what is necessarily safe) then I would say that an electrician is the way to go here.

All u keep saying is that's its not right n basically it's dangerous, u aren't actually telling me what I want to know which is how i do It then......thought that was the whole point of this forum, to get help??
i wired the rest of my house n had a qualified spark come over n test n sign it off so I'd like to give this a go, just need bit of help please

All u keep saying is that's its not right n basically it's dangerous, u aren't actually telling me what I want to know which is how i do It then......thought that was the whole point of this forum, to get help??
People aren't telling you BECAUSE its dangerous. If you have half an idea you might actually try it.
i wired the rest of my house n had a qualified spark come over n test n sign it off so I'd like to give this a go, just need bit of help please. Well he shouldn't have done.....why dont you take shed advice of this guy instead ?

pretty sure this is a wind up anyway.

I disagree Sneer7, you wired your house and got someone who didn't care about the regs to sign it off. You're asking for advice on how to do this job, the best advice is not to do it because you don't appear to have any idea on how to do it properly and safely.
Why don't you ring this "qualified spark" and ask his advice? He seems to be happy enough to flout the regulations.

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure this is a wind up anyway.
It's bloody winding me up :)

Its illegal!! Plain and simple!! Unless you can get a sparky to supervise you doing the whole job start to finish and then test it, certify it, and notify it to building control, i don't know any sparky that would simply come along and test a diy installation and sign it off without knowing how the cables were installed etc etc!! Just get a local sparky in and whole process will be both safer and cheaper in the long run!!

This is not a wind up, just someone trying to get some help n advice on how to do something as I can't afford to get someone in. I explained exactly what I did to wire the house to the electrician n he said it was very good n all to regs. Ive been an electrical mate before whch is why i had a good idea of how to wire the basics in a house. I just haven't done anything exterior before. I've phoned a few electrical companies who have given me quotes n said I'd basically need a 2.5mm armoured for this job n length of run. I said the lawn is new so don't wanna take that up so what other way of doing it is there?

giving advice on something as serious as this might put you or your family at risk of death, we on here have undergone years of training so as in to be able to do this work effectively and safely.
and i don't think this forum is to show the general public how to break the law and put themselves and the public at harm.

The forum has given it's best advice...... get an electrician in that knows what he is doing that will do the job safely and legally.
We cannot advise someone who we think may be a danger to themselves....for legal and moral reasons.
Please take heed.

I have a recently lawn laid down in between the house n shed n don't want to dig that up so what are my options?

This is the equivalent of "I've just had my house redecorated throughout. Now I want a rewire/extra sockets/etc. What are my options?" :lol:

How about a nice new concrete path down to the shed, with the cable buried at a suitable depth below?

This is not a wind up, just someone trying to get some help n advice on how to do something as I can't afford to get someone in. I explained exactly what I did to wire the house to the electrician n he said it was very good n all to regs. Ive been an electrical mate before whch is why i had a good idea of how to wire the basics in a house. I just haven't done anything exterior before. I've phoned a few electrical companies who have given me quotes n said I'd basically need a 2.5mm armoured for this job n length of run. I said the lawn is new so don't wanna take that up so what other way of doing it is there?

You've been given the best advice there is....Don't break the Law. It really is that simple, regardless of what you may think.

I've phoned a few electrical companies who have given me quotes n said I'd basically need a 2.5mm armoured for this job n length of run. I said the lawn is new so don't wanna take that up so what other way of doing it is there?
Thanks for answering the question I asked about cable selection, the answer is obviously ring a contractor and do what they plucked out of thin air. In 30 years in the trade I don't think I have ever discussed what cable I propose to use with a client, them asking the question would immediately start alarm bells ringing with me.

Reply to shed sockets in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net