Discuss Should the UK pay up? UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

They need it so they can give Germany 700 million euros back and France 1 billion

Amazing we have been carrying out many austerity cuts to everything most working or people are worse of, people starving, or freezing in winter. welfare cuts. To so called pay the national debt down while promoting growth (TORYS WORDS NOT MINE) even though they are spending more than ever.
France as done F??? all and is getting a billion back maybe it better if the economy struggles as you then get money back lol

Tell them where take a running jump back into the English Channel and swim back to Brussels to waste billions yearly and as Tel says pull up the draw bridge and repel boarders.

Anything been left out Chaps . EU

Take the Great out of Britain

Lobby group Business for Britain warned today that the EU repeatedly ignores the UK's calls for tape cutting and has created 1,139 new laws over the last year alone.

Should we pay? No! Not when we have people here who are forced to use foodbanks to survive, not when people have a choice between heat or eat, etc. etc.
A withdrawal from the EU would be tremendously bad for this country, it's estimated that 4 million jobs will be lost if we bail and there's no way on earth that Farage and co can dress that up as beneficial. Businesses wanting to sell to into the Eurozone would still have to comply with reams and reams of EU legislation to allow them to do this so where is the benefit for exporters?
Farage has, very craftily, gotten people behind UKIP by the very careful use of language which portrays him as a "one of us" type of figure however, it should be remembered that he is a privately educated, very wealthy, former banker, former tory so isn't really all that different from Cameron, Osborne, Johnson et al. He is as much a part of the "political class" and the "self appointed elite" he often professes to despise.
UKIP MEPs have a disgraceful attendance and voting record yet are happy to shove their noses in the EU trough while doing nothing to represent the people who put them there.

No way,in fact we should stop giving any money to any foreign country,even those to whom we give money for so called humanitarian aid,the governments of many of these so called destitue countries have loads of cash but choose not to spend it on their own people.If we stopped all financial aid and the vast amounts we give to the EU for just a year it would be a huge step towards sorting out our own problems.In the words of the late great Frankie Howerd nay ,nay and thrice nay.

As usual the UK will stand alone and "voice their concerns" whilst all the "takers" will say what bad "europeans" we are.

The Dutch are in the same boat as us, anyone know what they are saying??

Well Cameron has already admitted defeat, he has said he won't pay the 1.7 billion by December 1st, but if you listen to his interview he didn't rule out paying a sum soon after LOL

Well Cameron has already admitted defeat, he has said he won't pay the 1.7 billion by December 1st, but if you listen to his interview he didn't rule out paying a sum soon after LOL
Exactly!...he just said he won't pay by the 1st of December, the cheque book will come out on the second...

Its a joke, Im with tel, get us out...

Exactly!...he just said he won't pay by the 1st of December, the cheque book will come out on the second...

Its a joke, Im with tel, get us out...
It will be difficult for the government not to pay the money, it is all hot air I am afraid, were in it, agreed to it and cannot change it, the only way is to leave the EU or threaten to leave, on this particular subject I feel sorry for the government, well sort of :biggrin:, however we are all paying long term.

It don't matter what Cam' says he has absolutely no power to overturn this or make a case against the EU ...the sooner we are out the better
Spot on. The UK signed the agreement so how can you just turn around and say you don't want to pay. The amount is not a surprise, it's worked out according to a formula that everyone agreed upon.

Not paying is like taking out a loan and having a hissy fit a year or two later because the interest rates changed and you've got to pay a few more quid every month in repayments. If you don't want to be in that position then you shouldn't have taken the loan in the first place. Likewise with the EU, if you're not prepared to pay your dues you shouldn't have joined.

Well i cant even find out how much ireland have to pay, malta have to pay €13M
I doubt Ireland pay much at the moment, due to the near banckrupcy the EU has probably allowed it time to recover, I don't doubt eventually when it is solvent again the EU will milk it.

Reply to Should the UK pay up? UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net