Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss shower and light pull cord in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mikey12

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi all wonder isomeone could clarify i have been asked if i could swap a shower and light pull cord in their bathroom (only a little job)as this is in a special location and im not replacing or adding circuit am i right in saying this is not notifiable of course will first check current install and protection ie rcd and bonding and on completion a minor works certificate please correct me if im wrong many thanks:D

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Mike,

Basically what you have said is fine.

Notification not required, not even a minor works really but i would.

M

mikey12

many thanks for the reply just another confirmation if circuit in question is not rcd protected will it have to be made this before continuing i would say yes as this is a requirement but just verifying

A

acat

Hi

As I understand it providing you are replacing like for like and making no changes whatsoever it is not notifiable doubt a minor works cert is required as nothing should have changed, but I think its a good idea to test and issue cert so that job is done properly.

Chris

S

Spudnik

many thanks for the reply just another confirmation if circuit in question is not rcd protected will it have to be made this before continuing i would say yes as this is a requirement but just verifying
As before really, repairs or like for like swaps do not need notifying or circuits upgrading to current regs.

Classed as maintenance.

W

wisesparky

Hi guys i agree, but when one of the guys spoke to nic about this, they said any works in bathroom (we was changing a blown bulb- we dont call them that do we lol) needs to be upgraded to RCD???
Other thoughts please????:confused:

S

Spudnik

That is the NIC's take on the regs.

However, it is classed as maintenance.

No further work required..

S

spark1

That is the NIC's take on the regs.

However, it is classed as maintenance.

No further work required..

Changing the lighting pull cord may be acceptable with lack of rcd protecction[ although its debateable]
Changing the Shower unit without rcd protection would not be acceptable and would also be in contavention of the manufacturers warranty/instructions[ read the installation instructions]....additionally the work would be notifiable if the new shower was of a higher rating.

spark1

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to shower and light pull cord in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom