Discuss Shower circuit converted to a new radial circuit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Alex87

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, I`m looking for an advice.
I have an electric shower that I`m not using due to boiler changed to combi and added shower over bath feed by a 6mm cable and 40 amps fuse. The cable is quite newish (blue & brown) compared with the rest of the house (red & black).
I want to create a new radial circuit from above wire for 2 bedrooms ( 9 sockets +3 lights) can I just use it to connect it directly on a 2.5 mm cable via a 16 amp breaker or should I go for a mini Consumer unit( garage style) ?
The plan it`s to rewire whole house next year, but this is a temporarily measure to have electricity in the bedrooms while other works are carried in the house. Also the plan it`s to put flexible conduit (with 2.5twin and earth ) through the walls to be more easy in future.

Although you feasibly could use this as a 32A radial between the sockets, using the same size cable... and a fused connection unit before feeding any lights, sticking a garage board on the end of the 6mm and running a "standard" 32A, 2.5mm rfc and a 6A lighting circuit gives a bit of selectivity. It could all be left in when the future rewire commences.

Reply to Shower circuit converted to a new radial circuit in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Currently planning a new rewire for my kitchen and want to get things right first time when it comes to appliances consumptions and circuits...
Replies
Views
Hello Electrical world. Looking for thoughts and opinions. Currently planning out my kitchen re-wire for new kitchen. I was originally...
Replies
Views
Hello, Last year I had some electrical work completed in my house (New CU, SWA for garage, downlights) I informed the electrician that I will be...
Replies
Views
Summary (TL;DR) Several lightbulbs in my home supplied by one circuit breaker dim over time and go out in about a year. Right now, the ceiling...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock