Discuss slooooowwwwww computer can someone plz help in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

justanoob

hi just wondered if someone could plz help me my comp over the last few months has just got so slow its taking ages to load anything, not too sure what info you all need in order to help but here is a bit about my snail comp about 3 years or so old, windows 7 prem, acer intel core duo 2.00ghz, installed physical mem ram 4gb, total physical mem 2.93gb, I did try the uniblue which I saw on advice in a different thread but that didn't work and also upgraded the uniblue to pro and that didn't work either. cant think of anything else. but if I need more info for someone to help just let me know thank you in advance for you help.

open a run box, type in 'msconfig' without the ' marksand in the start up tab untick anything that's not absolutely necessary. Also in the services tab untick any processes or services that are unnecessary. If still no good do a full backup of all documents, pics, music and emails then reinstall Windoze to a fresh partition.

how do I know what is needed and what is not? and tried reinstalling my windows from the box I got and it says the current version im using is more upto date than the orig one from the box so wont let me do that can you run me thru it plz

Anything with 'updater' 'accelerator' 'monitor' 'Adobe' 'HP' 'Canon' 'Epsom' etc in the name can probably be shut down.

pop it into your friendly local pc doctor. probably got flu or gastro-enteritis, or some bug or other. let him work his witchcraft on it with his curly discs and flush drives.

how do I know what is needed and what is not? and tried reinstalling my windows from the box I got and it says the current version im using is more upto date than the orig one from the box so wont let me do that can you run me thru it plz

I feel your pain. Have you checked that you only have one antivirus installed?

hi just wondered if someone could plz help me my comp over the last few months has just got so slow its taking ages to load anything, not too sure what info you all need in order to help but here is a bit about my snail comp about 3 years or so old, windows 7 prem, acer intel core duo 2.00ghz, installed physical mem ram 4gb, total physical mem 2.93gb, I did try the uniblue which I saw on advice in a different thread but that didn't work and also upgraded the uniblue to pro and that didn't work either. cant think of anything else. but if I need more info for someone to help just let me know thank you in advance for you help.

its older than 3 years old if its a core 2 duo

there on the core i series at the moment (bringing out v4 soon)

so its at least 4 years old.

what you want to do is disk defragement that will speed it up a little bit

• Double-click My Computer or open Explorer.
  • Highlight the local hard disk C: drive by clicking on it once.
  • Right-click the highlighted local drive Click Properties
  • Click the Tools tab and click the Defragment now button.

that pc wasnt very high spec 4 years ago so its starting to show its age, because the programs are constantly updated to take advantage of the newer hardware the minimum system requirements increase.

most computers come with a quadcore now adays

get AVG free edition from the AVG website and run that, then have a look at how much disk space you have left/remaining,transfer things you don't need to DVD's or Memory sticks/cards then delete them from the machine, if you have norton you may want to take that off...then defragment the Hard drive by going to computer-right click on the drive then scroll down to properties, click on that....click on tools....then click on defragment.....will take an hour or so to defragment itself depending on the size of the drive...

go to google.....type in - cnet download zonealarm.......this program sets up a firewall which is more user friendly than the windows one......download that and install it, this will stop open ports sitting on your internet connection, makes it a bit harder for viruses to install themselves on there as it stops background quiet downloads....

this should sort out your slow computer

have you cleared your browsing history via internet options if using internet explorer use the tools tab at the top right hand side of your page also have you performed disk clean up
control panel performance and maintenance, free up space on your hard disc another box will appear with disc clean up selct the drive you want to clean up selct C drive click ok wait a while while it searches for old files etc tick all tabs then click ok
also disk defragment as has been statd if its not that then may be infected or hardware ay be failing which is beyond me so would need a PC tech guru lol

It's full of crap and needs a format................20/30 quid from your local guru doctor as has been said.:)

Same thing happens when you forget to empty your washing machine or hoover filter bag (and I don't mean the wife) !!
Get someone who knows what their doing............call a spark.......erm I mean........a pc plumber:nono:

It's full of crap and needs a format................20/30 quid from your local guru doctor as has been said.:)

Same thing happens when you forget to empty your washing machine or hoover filter bag (and I don't mean the wife) !!
Get someone who knows what their doing............call a spark.......erm I mean........a pc plumber:nono:

??.......................

Bloke I work with said that his came home from uni complaining off a similar thing all he did was run disk clean which got rid off all the temp internet files and other rubbish and then did a defrag of the hard drive

Reply to slooooowwwwww computer can someone plz help in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net