Discuss Small van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Megavolt

Looking for a new small van possible a ford connect, VW caddy or peugeot partner. Looking to spend around £4K.
Just looking for people's recommendations and exsperence with the above is there is one to stay away from.
Also not fixed on the van so if there is a better one that I have missed open to suggestions.

Cheers

I think all the vans you mentioned are good. I started with a Citroen Berlingo (same as Peugeot Partner), it was a nice size at first, but as you start loading it up it soon runs out of space. I currently have a Ford Transit Connect LWB which I can pretty much get most things in. I did think about getting the full size transit, but with a bigger van you tend to load more gear (more than you would probably need), more fuel, and harder to park in tight spaces.

So my vote would be for a Ford Transit Connect LWB.

I don't have a van myself (I use an estate car) but I have driven all three that you mention quite regularly at work. The Transit Connect is my favourite out of the lot, seems a bit more spacious and also nicer to drive.

I bought a berlingo at christmas. I went and looked at alot of them all of which were at 80k on the clock. I assume this is because the majority of lease deals are 80k/3 years then they sell them on!

The vans has been better than i could of ever imagined to be honest! I'm yet to get under 50mpg, it drives like a car and has plenty of space providing you have roof bars! My next purchase for it will be a pipe tube because my trunking keeps getting wet!

Ive driven a ford transit connect before and although it was fast (i'm sure its the same engine they put in the Mongayo) it didn't half sup fuel. Which i think we can all agree is a big issue these days!

I have a berlingo for sale if thats of any interest.

Some say they crap, but in the 3 years i've had it not once has it either broke down or not started. Quite nippy to even when loaded up.

Steer clear of transit connects had 2 of them go throw front tyres every 10000 miles and drink diesel and both were brought brand new never again

ivw got a 2009 1.6hdi, 50+mpg even with a full load providing you dont have a lead foot! It was 4.8k but ive been well happy with it.

Reply to Small van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net