Discuss Some help with coding please for an EICR? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That's why a missing cover is either a code 1 or 2 for me. That said you can still remove the cover with a tool, not switch off and withdraw the fuses, but at least you'd hope a screwed cover in place will prevent children or elderly or 'those not competent' from electric shock.

In the distant past something changed,previously to these boards,a fuse would not be accessible until the switch was turned off,they had interlocks,switch off then remove fuse
Along came the traditional Wylex and the fuses could be removed only if the cover was removed
It seems it was a backward step but the Iee must have decided it was fine to do so
The cover was a barrier to access of the fuses rather than just a protection against molten metal

You had me captivated then, it was like the beginning to a classic sci-fi film:)

Does anyone have any ideas about point number 2?
The best practice guides make it very clear that no main bonding is a C2 which makes sense to me as the incoming metal work is extraneous and requires bonding to limit touch voltage in the case of a fault.

I also think I should bond the copper pipes after the plastic joint in the same room as they are extraneous? Its a wet room (toilet and sink).

Tel has covered it all really, but if the incoming water pipe is metal and tests at 117Ω to earth then it is extraneous and is not bonded and so it requires bonding, this absence will attract a C2 code as it is dangerous in case of a fault.
The copper pipes after the plastic joint should not be able to introduce an earth potential into the installation unless they are firmly fixed against another conductive surface which is connected to true earth (in which case that part also should have been bonded) however they may be casually connected to other earthed parts in the installation, though a reading of 9000Ω is very high for any sort of electrical contact to the earthing system, perhaps they go underground or are buried in the walls below the DPC at some point?
Generally they should not require bonding in most cases but your test results indicate that it should be bonded so based on this it would also attract a C2 and a link over the plastic join may be required to maintain the bonding, or more precisely another bonding cable should be run to this pipe work, whether looped from the first bonding point or from the MET.

Thanks for the through explanation Richard... and thanks to all the others who replied as well. I've learnt quite a bit about the old covers for the 3036 boards.

The 3036 replacement circuit mcb 3871, or later 60898, is designed, via shape, so that it can not be removed when the original fuse cover is re fitted...after being cut out appropriately, of course. They also have their own base which isn't as deep as the 3036 original. That mem mcb can obviously be removed with the fuse cover in place.
Wylex did the cartridge fuse variety but that can be removed in such a situation.
As regards coding....it's make your mind up time.

ps. On board changes, if any of those mcb's are being removed, keep them, could be useful.

Reply to Some help with coding please for an EICR? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net