Discuss Static caravan hookup in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chuck it

Hi, need some help. Have a static caravan that I want to connect up. Distance to mains is about 40m so will need a 600mm trench. Caravan is currently 16A but want add another box to make it 32A. Could you let me know what size 3 core cable I will need to lay in the trench?

Thanks

apply derating factors as required. calculate volt drop. look up cable capacity in BGB. that'll give you the correct cable. don't forget disconnection times and whether or not your cable will require RCD protection.

edit: that trench seems a bit short at 600mm.

apply derating factors as required. calculate volt drop. look up cable capacity in BGB. that'll give you the correct cable. don't forget disconnection times and whether or not your cable will require RCD protection.

edit: that trench seems a bit short at 600mm.
Thanks for help. The reason I am asking is that I am not an electrician so am trying to understand the likely costs for the cable, so don't have any knowledge of how to do the calcs you describe.

i see. trhe best solution, then , is to consult an electrician who will be best able to do that having seen the job. off the top of my head, you will probably need to budget for 10mm, but that is only an educated guess. your selected electrician may let you do the digging to keep cost down.

Reply to Static caravan hookup in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Need some advice, I have 7 static caravans to connect which need to be connected via TT 1. All the vans have a 30ma RCD main switch internally...
Replies
Views
Youngest daughter has decided to return to the nest after several years of living in the big city, now that she is permitted to work from home...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
For emergency use, when there's a power outage, the current situation (no pun intended) is that I'm running a hook up cable from the 16A socket on...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a property and the mains supply is a TT system I need to put a temporary static caravan in the garden. The caravan will have a water...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock