Discuss Strangest thing you have found in a property? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Found loads of crap over the years but the most shocking was live bullets on top of a door frame in Chapeltown Leeds, not too shocked at the bullets but the Bf of the girl living there was doing time for possession of a firearm to which she says he was set-up ... she wasn't too happy when I handed them to her lol .... turns out the police are not a set of racist thugs after all, as she claimed.

That reminds me of when I was a boy, helping my old man digging a trench for a new culvert, we found a rusty old shotgun in what was left of a bin liner. My dad took it to the cop shop.

I fitted a shower in a gay guys house a few years back, he asked for a full demonstration. :eek: Unfortunately I had to get to the next job so didn't have time to provide that service.

she has set the table, made sandwiches, put out cakes and biscuits and a large pot of tea!
Hardly get that at all now, though did some work earlier this year for a 98 year old lady who provided tea, toast with home made jam and biscuits.

We had quite a few elderly customers like that when I used to work in an appliance shop, one customer, we had to wait for her to call before we could arrive to deliver/repair to ensure she had finished making the cake she always gave us. On a rewire about 8 years ago we were fed proper breakfast and lunch every day by a lovely old couple.

Sadly these 4 people have all died.:(

Got called to a old couples place I have done bits and pieces for, called for over sink light not working.
The old dear lets me in, and the old boy shouts down 'is that George? send him up, I've just finished in the shower'
I start going up stairs, look up, and there is the 70ish year old man starkers at the top of the stairs waiting to show me the over sink light.
if he was a soldier at any point in his life he may be overly comfortable being entirely naked in the presence of another male.

This story is not so much strange as in weird, but a pleasant strange.....had to do an EICR for an old lady who was selling her house. She asked if I'd like a cup of tea, so I said yes please and went to work. The tea was taking a while but eventually she shouts upstairs that it's ready, so I go down and she has set the table, made sandwiches, put out cakes and biscuits and a large pot of tea!
Two day job finished today, yesterday I was treated to scrambled egg on toast and today a chilli burger - it’s hard to sit down and take time away from the work but would be rude not to!
The cups of tea helped, especially the ones made prior to the leccy going off!
Tricks of the trade!

Carrying out an eicr. Told owners I'll need access to all rooms to test all sockets. Entered the 18 year old daughters bedroom to be confronted with a box is tricks !!!! No attempt to conceal them . And when I say box of tricks I mean just about every toy available .....

Carrying out an eicr. Told owners I'll need access to all rooms to test all sockets. Entered the 18 year old daughters bedroom to be confronted with a box is tricks !!!! No attempt to conceal them . And when I say box of tricks I mean just about every toy available .....
toy trains and air fix kits? ;)

I've worked in a house with a full size Dalek stood in the corner of the living room, the people won it in a Dr Who competition apparently. I had half an eye on it in case it started to move and shout 'EXTERMINATE' :eek:

Reply to Strangest thing you have found in a property? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net