Discuss Terminal Block in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Manich44

Hi All,

I have just fit 10mm splash backs in my kitchen bringing the sockets out by the same distance. On one of the double sockets I now have barely enough cable to work with and connect to the socket, I have 3 lives, neutrals and earths. Is it ok to use a terminal block to connect all like cables then run a single length from the other side of the terminal block,to act as an extension to the plug terminal?

Thanks.......

better to use wagos. no screws to come loose and arc.

Three of each? Hmmmm..... Is one of those a spur going somewhere? In theory, if you're creating a junction like that, the socket becomes a spur and you'd need to limit the current supplied to that socket with a fuse.

Hi,
Theres a spur going to a fused switch which supplies a built in freezer,and ive added another to a socket in a unit which powers the ignition to a gas hob.

Reply to Terminal Block in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am about to fit a light fitting and wanted some advice whether I should just connect the light cables into the correct terminal blocks...
Replies
Views
I have a strip light in the kitchen operated from a single switch. I want to replace it with a straight bar 4 spot array. There are three supply...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been planning to fit an outdoor junction box at the front of my house to hide a large brickwork hole and properly house the wiring...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'd like to move the existing socket that feeds the boiler down to where I've pencilled in that can be seen on the photo. The socket to the...
Replies
Views
Hi My Kitchen has never had a cooker hood installed. Where the new hood is going to be situated is some distance from any of the outlets in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock