Discuss Today's equivalent of the Bosch 24v SDS + in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So back in the early around year 2000, I was a data networks installer and had a Bosch 24v SDS drill, it was awesome, did pretty everything I could though at it, from using 25mm bits through 40cm of concrete wall etc being in my hand all day while putting up trunking etc, then adding the chuck adapter for cutting holes in cabinets and so on.

My question is what would be an equivalent drill in today's market.

Probably something like this...

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/erbau...n-ext-brushless-cordless-sds-plus-drill/322fv

But I like this as it is much lighter

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/milwa...thium-brushless-cordless-sds-plus-drill/964fj

Probably something like this...

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/erbau...n-ext-brushless-cordless-sds-plus-drill/322fv

But I like this as it is much lighter

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/milwa...thium-brushless-cordless-sds-plus-drill/964fj

I use a 12V SDS regularly, but I wouldn't recommend one for heavier work. They can handle much more than their specifications suggest, but 25mm holes through 18" of concrete is pushing well past their capabilities.

Most 18V options are fairly capable, but there's a huge difference between available models. Rotational speed should't be an issue with any, but impact rate and, moreso, impact energy are the details I'd be concentrating on when choosing an SDS. Most manufacturers offer a 36V option, which further increases available power, or 2x18V in the case of Makita, meaning no additional battery and charger.

What cordless tools does the OP currently use? I'd start by looking at what's available to fit batteries on hand.

I can't vouch for the SDS drill, but the other Milwaukee 18V stuff I have has been very good and would certainly look to them for anything I was buying.

So back in the early around year 2000, I was a data networks installer and had a Bosch 24v SDS drill, it was awesome, did pretty everything I could though at it, from using 25mm bits through 40cm of concrete wall etc being in my hand all day while putting up trunking etc, then adding the chuck adapter for cutting holes in cabinets and so on.

My question is what would be an equivalent drill in today's market.
I started off with the Bosch 24v around same time or earlier. Went through the different battery types right up to using a Bosch 18v LI now.

Preference now seems to be mostly 2 drills. A light fixings SDS drill and a heavier duty one

went from a 24v Bosch to a 18v Dewalt .Tech has moved on a lot .The 18v punches just as hard. Friend has ERBAUR and raves about them value for money wise. Says the batteries are excellent
I have a fair bit of Erbauer and it is very good , I have ploughed the drills through everything all day and the batteries hold up as well as anything else I have used before

My brother equally swears by his DeWalt using it for fencing and decking jobs day in day out

Reply to Today's equivalent of the Bosch 24v SDS + in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net