Discuss Tool for 45 and 90 Degree Cuts on PVC Trunking in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I’ve never had one or even used one. I think it’s a tool that you would use more than you think.

If you have lots of trunking to cut then a chop saw is great , I have one I used when I laid all my laminate at home it was so easy and cuts straight every time

Unless I was cutting pvc trunking all day every day, I can't imagine going to the hassle of hauling a chop saw around.

I remember once reading about someone on this forum using a grinder to cut dado trunking and was appalled at the idea. Turns out it was a great idea and I've used nothing else since.

Unless I was cutting pvc trunking all day every day, I can't imagine going to the hassle of hauling a chop saw around.
Think of the fringe benefits , 20 mins to get out and set up the chop saw , 20 mins to measure and cut your 2 lengths of mini trunking , 20 mins to clean up the mess and put the chop saw away...

Thanks a full hours pay you can bill the customer and the easiest 80 quid you will ever make 🙃

I have used an evolution chop saw for trunking many times both metal and plastic and for big jobs it's unbelievably quick. For a few cuts I will use a small square and hacksaw or a mitre block if necessary. Sometimes I will scribe the cut if it's a dodgy corner. Or I'll just use prefab bends.
All depends on the size of the job, if there are a lot of cuts then sod doing it all by hand when a machine will make it quicker!

I have used an evolution chop saw for trunking many times both metal and plastic and for big jobs it's unbelievably quick. For a few cuts I will use a small square and hacksaw or a mitre block if necessary. Sometimes I will scribe the cut if it's a dodgy corner. Or I'll just use prefab bends.
All depends on the size of the job, if there are a lot of cuts then sod doing it all by hand when a machine will make it quicker!

Sounds good. Would you recommend the Evolution over the Titan?

I have no experience with the triton one unfortunately, the rage is excellent, I have two of them now a small one for out on site and a large sliding one for the workshop, they will do metal and plastic, just watch out for the red hot chips that come off metal as they leave a mark! Actually just watch out for the chips in general as they will always try and find your eyeball. Make sure you wear safety glasses! I didn't once and spent a good half an hour with someone poking around in my eyeball to remove the swarf Chip!!

If it’s just for plastic trunking I’d be tempted to try a mitre block with a fine tooth saw first and see how you get on, the tct saw blades can shatter the plastic trunking as you cut through it

This one has shaped pegs to clamp the trunking in place

Last edited:
If it’s just for plastic trunking I’d be tempted to try a mitre block with a fine tooth saw first and see how you get on, the tct saw blades can shatter the plastic trunking as you cut through it

This one has shaped pegs to clamp the trunking in place

I’ve got these blades with my Bacho Mini Hacksaw:

Bahco 228-32-10P Junior Hacksaw Blade, 32TPI, 150mm, Pack of 10 Bahco 228-32-10P Junior Hacksaw Blade, 32TPI, 150mm, Pack of 10 : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001IX76A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_0G9PSPB6TKRCJNVT7WH5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Lol I suggested a chop saw in post 2…..

But 20 mins to setup?! I wonder what I’m doing wrong - put on flat surface, set angle, plug in, check it’s square. More like 2 minutes really.

You could go in the middle and get a hand mitre saw!

But even a cheap chop saw is a very useful tool and fine for trunking with a fine toothed blade. As above make sure it does 45 degrees both ways or you have to cut half of it upside down!
Either of the models you mention will work just fine for trunking, I think the evolution one is more limited for use on wood as it doesn’t pull forwards from memory.

Lots of other Model Making table saws around that have a deeper cut, just thought a lighter unit would be a better bet than lugging a full size cross cut saw around a site, take the saw to the job rather than the job to the saw, saying that I would not be without my Bosch Gravity stand:

Reply to Tool for 45 and 90 Degree Cuts on PVC Trunking in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net