Discuss Tripping mcb and rccb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shaun1 - still waiting for info from the manufacturer on what the damn thing does during boot up, it's just a black screen with software revision printed across the centre, what it's doing in the background I have no idea.

Brown splashes are par for the course inside these machines, I take it you spotted the staining on the coil, those are very well potted and generally aren't too bothered by a splash of espresso, normal sign of them causing a trip (especially these 24v ones) are they swell right up

Have you noticed how many home produced products are inside this Italian manufactured machine - I have not seen 'Made in China/Japan' so far? The Italians are prolific electrical component makers.

Ndagger - I see that there is a yellow sticker on the side of the power supply informing the voltage can be set to suit the mains. Might be worth a check and comparing with mains voltage measurements I mentioned earlier.

A thought 'out-loud' is that if it is a switch mode PSU, then if the input voltage falls or dips suddenly it will compensate by drawing more current. There is often a significant surge when first powered-up. Once powered up the current waveform has a higher crest factor (= ratio of peak current to average current) which could trouble the type B mcb but not a type C.
crest factor.png

Last edited:

Reply to Tripping mcb and rccb in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Woke up this morning and tried to turn on the computer (work from home) wouldn't power on, checked lights they worked fine. Went downstairs to...
Replies
Views
I have just checked a double outlet and it trips at 18ma. It was supposed to be faulty. Washing machine had a bad heater which got replaced but...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm having trouble diagnosing a fault on a customers downstairs socket ring, which only ever trips when the washing machine is used. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I moved home a few months ago and the electrics RCD keep tripping. Sometimes it will happen every few days and sometimes will be fine for a...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock