• Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Tv aerial question in the Freeview and Terrestrial TV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I found this on my lawn, under the aerial on the roof. My tv is absolutely fine, should I get someone out for this or not bother?

image.jpg

westward10

Staff member
TA
Arms Access
If it still works probably not an issue unless anymore decides to fall and injure someone.

Have a look up at the Aerial if it has both theses bits ringed then it's not from yours.
It may be from a neighbours or old aerial.

Aerial.PNG

telectrix

-
Arms Access
it's a dilithium crystal separator. capt. kirk will want it back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is our aerial. Looks like it is from ours but just wondered if it was an important part didn’t want to call an aerial person if not necessary

0A7A6E06-95BC-44E6-AEF7-95353B551F4B.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t think there is one in the loft, no. I didn’t know if the bit that fell off is an older aerial and the other taller part is the actual working aerial.

telectrix

-
Arms Access
Here is our aerial. Looks like it is from ours but just wondered if it was an important part didn’t want to call an aerial person if not necessary

View attachment 51862
looks like half the reflector has broken off. if the TV pic. is OK, then I'd not bother till the other half joins it ready for the scrap run.

telectrix

-
Arms Access
the reflector reflects the signal back and into the coax that's connected to the box just in front don't know the full technology, but it just works.

the reflector reflects the signal back and into the coax that's connected to the box just in front don't know the full technology, but it just works.
You missed out the 'driven element' that sits in front of the reflectors... it's this that is connected to the coax (or 'feeder' as it's more generically called). This type of aerial is called a Yagi...

...just sayin

You missed out the 'driven element' that sits in front of the reflectors..
also the PCB Baun that coaxes a Balanced signal
(opposing phases signals)
Into just the core of the coaxial cable.
..Since the change over plenty of transmitters are kicking out more power , so may be of little consequence.
Birds perching on it may not have helped !

Last edited:

Are there enough independent certification companies?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trending Threads

Top Bottom