Discuss Underfloor heating, boiler , aga and cylinder in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

CybiAnt

Just wondering if anyone has every worked on a system with all of these working together and if so what cables I will have to run ?? ( look at title )

You need whoever has designed / installed the system to tell you what components they are using and where they are located.
You also need to know how they intend the system to work, as above for e.g Aga for hot water only or all for all.

Then you can make a start designing the cable runs.

"As far as I know" isn't good enough.
You need exact detail, agreed in writing or it'll bite you.

[PDF]Solid Fuel Association Guide to Central Heating
www.solidfuel.co.uk/pdfs/link_up.pdf
Combining solid fuel with other central heating technologies using ... gas, oil, heat pumps or solar thus providing ... difficult to link up with a combination boiler.

H2 Control System Homepage - Heating Innovations Limited
H2 control system
H2 Control System Homepage. Introduction to the H2 panel. The H2 panel was developed so that a solid fuel appliance could be efficiently linked into a central ...

Have a read through these mate, You and the the heating installer with have to work in tandem on this one IMO. If you use this option or the heating installer has a similar option phone the manufacturer for a wiring diagram so it gives you the heads up. I would be interested to know what you come up with on this one, so keep us informed :)

Last edited:
underfloor heating is the 240 wired controls V5 control pack with manifold under stairs

radiators up stairs

thermal store in up stairs cupboard ( needs immersion heater points x 2 ) also hot water pump and 1kw shrouded basket heater

rayburn in kitchen

oil boiler in entrance hall

you may need to download wiring details for the rayburn , its a rayburn heat ranger 499k

That's all I've been given, as of yet anyway. Anyone have any clues ? As far as I know I need to run separate supplies for each and to run the stay cables back to the manifold.. But just a little bit of help of what else I should run ??

That's all I've been given, as of yet anyway. Anyone have any clues ? As far as I know I need to run separate supplies for each and to run the stay cables back to the manifold.. But just a little bit of help of what else I should run ??

You need to understand how all of the individual parts should work together and design the overall control system before you start to work out what cables you need to run to where.

your missing the wood burner is your tank a twin or closed loop, but it can be done with a gravity system as well.

The under floor needs TMV 3 port valve with a pipe stat at the tank set at 40C ( on the pipe work return from the Aga) to bring on the under heating on if there is demand only when the tank DHW stat is not calling.

Also a pipe stat at the back of the Aga set at 45C to run a shunt pump if needed, so if the tank is less than 10m away, more than 4/6x90 turns as well as not being piped across the ground floor first.

if its not a closed loop system make sure the pressure/temp release valves or all set to tank pressure or that there all below the the highest level that you have on the back boiler. you can have as many heat sources as you want.

There's room for GSP and PV all goes by your tank so take a look at the manufactures spec. there is loads of ways of wiring it the main thing is to take the heat away from the aga with out wasting it on hot water you wont use so work out when and how mush water you use and put a timer on it and heat dump the most of it down the under floor 25/45C and use your boiler in the summer.

If you have a header tank with a back boiler on a coal fire/wood burner use a metal header tank, plastic will melt if its a windy nite

Reply to Underfloor heating, boiler , aga and cylinder in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net