Discuss Wago and me in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AP Electrical

Sat pricing a job yestaday load of downlights and other bits and then I remebered a thread on here the other day about wago connectors so off I went in search of them, not to difficult to find, and theres some good vids on the tube as well, anyhow I can see the upside straight away time saved no more dropping or overtightening the silly brass grubsrews etc...,

If im pricing any works it all goes onto a spread sheet so Ive a materials list to price from - so on go the wagos then stick the price in another coloum and it sorts the totals out, anyhow got my list finished price about £350 over budget thought that cant be right, so back to the list going through each item - come to wagos £350 - how can they be justify fitting these at that price, they must be mad or on commision, all these thoughts flowed through my head while I changed my list for standard junctions.

Awoke to day in a chipper mood this wago thing still bugging me so of I go back on web - dhurrrg I didnt realise they priced them in 20's !!!, I just thought it was per item so the price I got was 20x higher than was meant to be.

I take back any sub-liminal insults I was chucking roung my head yestaday regarding the thread and advice given on it..... mybad.:toilet:

I installed some yesterday, the push fit type. Huge time saving. I even used 4 wago boxes.

Although for just two cables I used the choc block boxes, far cheaper.

if you are using flex to the downlights, you need the lever wagos. 18p each for 3 wire (cpc.co.uk)

if you ain't used the lever ones before, the levers have to be tugged open as if you were trying to break them. watch out for broken fingernails.

£350 in wago's! Enough to rewire an office block. As above be careful of the lever ones and prepare for saw fingers at the end of the day if you've got a lot of them to do. I also use the lever wago for a quick connection when testing.

£350 in wago's! Enough to rewire an office block. As above be careful of the lever ones and prepare for saw fingers at the end of the day if you've got a lot of them to do. I also use the lever wago for a quick connection when testing.

Yep saves messing around with terminal strip, was going to buy some of the wago boxes also but they look a bit bulky.

I've set up a Wago downlighter joint box on my working out sheet in OpenOffice. It includes 2x 3 pole lever Wagos, 1x 2 pole push Wago, a Greenbrook choc box and a cable tie. Those 5 items come in at the princely sum of £1.51+VAT. That's 91p dearer then the Ashley J201s i used to use but the saving on time is huge! Wagos all the way from now on in! :D

I've set up a Wago downlighter joint box on my working out sheet in OpenOffice. It includes 2x 3 pole lever Wagos, 1x 2 pole push Wago, a Greenbrook choc box and a cable tie. Those 5 items come in at the princely sum of £1.51+VAT. That's 91p dearer then the Ashley J201s i used to use but the saving on time is huge! Wagos all the way from now on in! :D
Dunc consider your formula nicked !

Reply to Wago and me in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net